• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2010 PNW Mini - Rally

srodocker

Ok gentlemen, anyone interested in convoying to Dan's place? This is mainly for those heading northbound I-5 through Olympia (actually it's for anyone). My plan is to meet at the Tumwater (just hair south of Olympia) Home Depot parking lot at 1101 Kingswood Drive SW, Tumwater, WA 98501 at 0800 hrs. The plan is to then depart at 0830 hours. At this point I am good to go but with work that can change. Just in case anyone heading there for sure want to spearhead this op? Just for FYI who is planning on convoying there from this rally point?
AaronW............M35A2
Josh.................M35A2
Wsucougarx......M35A2
tshermankb......?
You heading from the south? thought you were on the east side a bit? and i think 5 ton might go so he can convoy up aswell. my truck will be at dans already so im just going to meet you all there

I can see it now, your newly found neighbors are really going to love you:razz: I can't think of a better neighbor warming gift.....rollin' coal:wink:
haha thanks DAN for letting us do it at your place :)!!!! kind of put it on you didnt mean to just got caught up in the moment...also its not such a mini rally anymore haha a hemmt may be coming! hahahha

srodocker

ok So updated roster for 2010 PNW "mini" rally

srodocker - m35a2
an/arc186 - m35a2
wsucougar - m35a2
josh - m35a2
stalwart - hemtt
kurtkds - m35a2
jinx - m35a2
tsherkanmb - m1008 or m1009 couldnt tell from pics
ABN173 - m1008

alex400 - civi - maybe
5_Ton - m818? - maybe
hammer - m818 - maybe (CALL IN SICK hahaha)
datsunaholic - m35a2 - maybe

any others??? i'll edit first post with details. THANKS WSU for posting directions! im also bringing my 11yr brother *maybe* and my gf's dad who is probley more excited about my deuce then me hahahha

so plans are we can all meet up at dans maybe start a project of some sort that someone has to do? i know josh wants to swap turbos. i may still have to bleed my brakes. We can go out to eat somewhere and convoy...if intrested i can look up some places around there maybe the mall area which is on 512. kurtkds any ideas?

and i'll bring some cookies :) maybe i'll bribe the gf with taking her out if she makes some :)

Last edited:

ABN173

Assuming nothing work related comes up I'm in. M1008

Oh Scott BTW after seeing you have 4 out of 5 post on this page alone I think I am beginning to see how your post count got so high! :-D

Dale

Last edited:

wsucougarx

Hey Dan, is there a preferred route to your house? To Puyallup then on down Meridian? Go down Canyon Road? Back route through Yelm/McKenna? Any construction issues to avoid?

AN/ARC186

The route if you want to go through Yelm is pretty good, no major hills, plus you get to go by where a guy is selling a couple O' deuces (one is a tanker)
The Puyallup then to Meridian is the most direct route but weekend traffic sucks when you hit the South Hill area.
You can also jump on 7, turn at Kapowsin highway, take to Meridian, that route is usually pretty clear as well.

No construction issues in the area, of course, now that I've said that.................

Josh

I could if ya want, if we are going to do a turbo, definatly gotta get there earily so the truck can sit long enough to cooldown to work on, so i plan on heading up early in the morning.

Stalwart

So has there been a revised starting time? I can't really meet up with those heading up from the south because it'd just about double the mileage to get there, to a total of 120 miles. I would be happy to meet anyone coming from the north to convoy there.

srodocker

no revised time im going to be there a little bit early with josh to let his turbo cool down. so we can work on it.

SWEET stalwart! cant wait to see the truck! jinx is coming from the north i know for sure so you can meet up with him. im so excited to see the hemmt!!! i saw it at cabelas when you took it there but i was only there for a short time and didnt see you to say hi.

also everyone ok with doing a convoy to get some grub? any ideas where? i'll look into some big parking lot resturants

wsucougarx

Hmm grubs.. I'm sure with the 10 acres that Dan has I'm sure we can dig a few up:wink: As far as the northbound convoy, I haven't gotten any takers so looks like we're just going to be driving solo to Dan's place. Not sure how many projects are planned or how long they may take, but may need to opt for a dine in...PIZZA?
Besided the turbo swap, are we pulling all your hubs off Scott and redoing all your brake cylinders and repacking your bearings? It sound intensive but actually it's pretty simple and straightforward

srodocker

not sure how much those run and i get them from saturn? i still have to get some oil to bleed the brakes too...btw switching form weekly to bi weekly checks suck! yea we can get some dominos pizza! the 5 for 5 deal or whatever

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks