• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2011 Haspin information/dates/attendance

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Alright then, I will bring the push mower just in case we get bored.

Also, I will plan to bring the stencil machines if I can get them loaded. I have ¾” and ½” . No charge for stencils (within reason) made while you wait for Haspin rallygoers. I will make the standard military markings and nicknames. (Please no profanity or distasteful messages.)

Lastly, does anyone have a “robust” portable video projector that they would be willing to bring? I’ve had several members ask about a rerun of the Junkyard Wars show. I thought maybe we could hang a white sheet under or near the pavilion and set up an “informal movie night” . I am pretty sure I have the portable dvd player that would work, but will need a bigger display. This will also require some electricity, so I guess we would need someone with a generator as well. Just an idea - . . . there may not be enough interest to justify the hassle.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Alright then, I will bring the push mower just in case we get bored.

Also, I will plan to bring the stencil machines if I can get them loaded. I have ¾” and ½” . No charge for stencils (within reason) made while you wait for Haspin rallygoers. I will make the standard military markings and nicknames. (Please no profanity or distasteful messages.)

Lastly, does anyone have a “robust” portable video projector that they would be willing to bring? I’ve had several members ask about a rerun of the Junkyard Wars show. I thought maybe we could hang a white sheet under or near the pavilion and set up an “informal movie night” . I am pretty sure I have the portable dvd player that would work, but will need a bigger display. This will also require some electricity, so I guess we would need someone with a generator as well. Just an idea - . . . there may not be enough interest to justify the hassle.
I might be bringing a generator. We'll see on Thursday morning.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's the way I went last year but the last 10-15 miles were pretty hilly and windy, it was lots of fun! Kip thought that a large convoy might be better to stick to the state highways.
He's a wuss. I was towing a 28 foot camper in '09. :)

Kip thinking.............?

;-)

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
JWC, I will have my super quiet Honda 2000w genset with me, and would be happy to power a projector, if that plan comes together.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I haven't decided to leave this afternoon or tomorrow morning. I'm not done packing the 105.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We're headed out in a couple hours. Hope to be there around 2100hrs.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ya'll drive safe, and with any luck I'll see you there tomorrow at around 2 or 3 hopefully.

hdexpert

I can bring some DVD's if we want to watch a few movies. If you haven't seen it The World's Fastest Indian is pretty cool!! I also have a bunch of comedies.

indy4x4fab

Banned
dam wish i could have gotten out of work this week, sounds like we are going to miss all the good stuff. see u all Friday night.

just so i don't forget any thing double check me here

canipee
6 man tent
air mattresses
three sleeping bags
folding chairs
clothes for three days
Pillows
bug spray
camera
one five gal water jug
three five gal fuel cans