• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2011 Haspin information/dates/attendance

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The way things are going with this $%%^&* 105 trailer I might there by Saturday.

First, I wanted a better trailer so I build a bed (sleeping) in it and go to move the front rail over from the other trailer. No joy, old is wood, new is fiberglass and they do not fit. Period.

Second, I decide to just move the bows, nope. Fiberglass sides have rivets that won't allow the bows to slide in, no how no way.

Third, I decide to just pull the sides and move them. I measured everything twice to make sure they would fit. Yes, holes should work. The new style fiberglass sides won't come even with a 4-ton hydraulic spreader tool.

So I came in the house to take a break because of the freakin heat.

Now I'm going back out. If I have to I will cut the fiberglass into little pieces but it will be coming off.

:-(

tm america

i guess i am bringing the truck down after all.:grin:. i won't have any brackets to sell except the people i promised them to already .. i had to use all my time to get the truck fixed. So i will be leaving out thurs morning ... cant wait to get down there..

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, it's fixed. The fiberglass sides were on inside/out. That is why nothing fit. It didn't matter since I had to use the backhoe to remove the sides destroying both. I could not have turned them around if I had wanted to.....

The wood ones came out of the old trailer and went right in, including the front and bows.

My new bed is nice and everything but food/ice/beer is loaded. I expect to head out tonight or tomorrow before it gets hot.

:)

GamaGoatGirl

We are about half way there- should be there by 9:00 pm if the traffic starts moving faster than the 15 mph we are going now! Doghead is thinking we should have stayed home- he is too **** hot! 700 miles without an air conditioner is a long way!

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We are about half way there- should be there by 9:00 pm if the traffic starts moving faster than the 15 mph we are going now! Doghead is thinking we should have stayed home- he is too **** hot! 700 miles without an air conditioner is a long way!

What does DH grumble more about, lack of A/C or SS members not using the search feature?

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since he grumbles about the search feature all the time, including winter, I would say it is definitely the SEARCH FEATURE!!!!!!!

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got the truck all packed up with the big stuff from the garage, and only need to throw the personal items in tomorrow morning. I'll be pulling out of here around 08:30 or so to meet up with the Thompson clan around 11:00 on the far side of Columbus.