• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2012 Ga rally check in

Jimma

Got home in time for church this morning. Made it. Home by 10:35. It was a grueling 50 mile drive to get to the church from the rally. Not a long drive but I'm tired from having a fun weekend.

mikev

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Closing Report...

Treessw (Tinsley) and I were the last ones to leave - imagine that with all the stuff I brought... at 1330 hrs (GA time) with one pretty Deuce and a trailer left in the field.

We fueled up at the BP and saw the blue camo Deuce, some other Deuces/5 Tons and Gimpyrob's M1009 (?) at McDonalds across the street.

Uneventful trip until west of Atlanta where Tinsley witnessed an accident on I-20 about 1000 meters ahead of us. I caught the tail end of wreck 'cause I was turning off my tablet. We stopped and Treessw sprinted to the upside-down Lexus SUV. He helped get a lady out and mobilized her head till the EMT folks arrived. Turns out, the husband fell asleep, dropped off the interstate (headed I-20 east), crossed over the median, flipped twice and landed on the right side of I-20 west. Lady was asleep in the rear and only had some bumps and abrasions - husband was buckled up and their kids were in a separate vehicle. Miracle the lady wasn't killed...

So, other than that, no flats, no tickets and arrived in TN at 2015 hrs...

Sorry I didn’t get to meet everyone being a vendor and thanks to those who bought from me and next year, Treessw said he would come if I left my parts home - I said deal...:p

It was a pleasure meeting Doghead, Clinto, Swiss, Adam (I can't spell "pig expert" LOL), Docfarmall, Streamline, Gimpyrob, Recovery4x4, and many more of you guys/gals with screen names I can't recall, but now will know you when you post. :)

And a big thank you to Clinto for making the GA Rally 2012 a success!!!:beer:

"Gomez" (my new nickname) signing off the net...

LostGirl

US Dept of Good Times home safe in Bama, no problems. Had a very strange, eventful, educational, and fun time at my first rally. Thanks to all. :beer:

Streamline

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Streamline and Sassy are home! What a great week! Thanks to all of you the great time and great friendship!

I made a picture album for the pictures we got from this years rally on our FB page check them out! My Picture Album

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Made it home about 2pm today. Left DP about 11:40. Planned my fuel consumption out to a tee. As I pulled into the driveway and hit the brake the engine stalled and died, empty tank. :shock:

michigandon

Made it home about 2pm today. Left DP about 11:40. Planned my fuel consumption out to a tee. As I pulled into the driveway and hit the brake the engine stalled and died, empty tank. :shock:
You did much better than me! Ran out on the side of US1 about 30 minutes from home like a fuggin idjit.:doh: Dealing with AAA was an excercise in futility, to put it lightly. aua I am *this* close ro cancelling my membership with them and going back to Good Sam.

Other than that, 'twas an uneventful trip home. Sure hated it to be over with.

I want to thank everyone responsible for making this a great weekend, but I especially want to thank zout and doghead for helping me replace my primary fuel filter as well as troubleshooting my in tank fuel pump. I also appreciated patracy and mdmorgan helping me get my trailer hooked back up.

Good times, good people, and a whole lotta kickass hardware!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am home. 12 hours and 625 miles later. Sorry about goodbys but Im not good at them. Speddmon did make it home 9 gallons of ATF later. JW4X4 and Mike re-routed to follow the same route as Spedd in case he didn't make it. They are bedding down in WV and will head home in the AM.

Thanks to everyone who made it possible.

Gunnermac

Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Made 88 kilometers in 1.5hrs with no problem. Thanks to Clinto and everyone who made this an outstanding rally. I think the new location worked out better than the old one. The extra area was put to good use. !! months, 3 weeks and 6 days till SS2013. ****

All is well in Farmall land . Got in around 22:30. Once again met some super folks made more friends saw old ones too bookin for next year today . we will be back !!!!!!! Thanks again to all for that awesome southern hosspitallitttie hahahaha ya'll ROCK:beer::beer::beer:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm pretty sure whoever thought they saw Gimpy in a 1009 was mistaken since he rode down in a Tahoe. I turned Westech over to Gimpy and Crusher at the rest stop south of Cincinnati around 7PM and I hit my driveway at 8:07 according to GPS.

We hit rain south of Cincy and it washed all my experimental GA red dust off and I got one text from Special Ed telling me he was in WV.

Today we unpack all Westy's, Gimpy's and my stuff out of the 101 and put Westy's stuff in his trailer to tow behind his 915 and get him on the road home (at least on the way to Stretch's).

dangerfieldinc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got dad home about 1845 unhooked from camper and headed back to my Lady’s Island compound. I got all the way home and made lots of orange mud in the shower about 2100. We had a blast although I think we made an error in coming to the GA rally as our first event of this kind. I can’t imagine that any other MV rally event could possibly have as many great people, as much to do or be in a more accommodating location as this rally. Already want to make my reservations for next year. I learned a tremendous amount about our trucks and made some great connections. Unfortunately I can see this will be causing my new hobby to grow geometrically in the coming years. Again thanks from a newbie for all the great times at the GA rally.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks