• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2012 Ga rally check in

Bill W

2hr trip home no problems
Big thanks to Clinto and everyone involved in making this another huge success
Regards
Bill W aka "Mr. 100"

Attachments

Last edited:

100acre

Home safe even though I was teaching Bayleaf how to drive the whole way. There was a delaying accident on SC 25 and someone got airlifted to a hospital. I pray they are ok, and eventually make it home safe too.

pgwaldner

Crazy Blazer guy

I'm pretty sure whoever thought they saw Gimpy in a 1009 was mistaken since he rode down in a Tahoe. I turned Westech over to Gimpy and Crusher at the rest stop south of Cincinnati around 7PM and I hit my driveway at 8:07 according to GPS.

We hit rain south of Cincy and it washed all my experimental GA red dust off and I got one text from Special Ed telling me he was in WV.

Today we unpack all Westy's, Gimpy's and my stuff out of the 101 and put Westy's stuff in his trailer to tow behind his 915 and get him on the road home (at least on the way to Stretch's).
That was the crazy Blazer guy Andrew (G Peter) @ McDonalds. We finally got home about 23:00 Bama time after a couple hours jerry rigging a transfer case that would not stay in gear in Atlanta. We then dropped his home away from home off for him. At least this year it made it all the way home under its own power and with all 4 wheels attached. 9 hours for a 5 hour trip - about average for us but well worth it. Plan to be back next year.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Angie and I got home around 1620 yesterday. Glad special Ed made it ok, as well as the many other long distance attendies.

Angie was complaining to me, we aren't convoying with Mike again, his fully loaded m109 and MKT go too slow on the hills!!! I told her it was better in a group though, so we will see what next year brings.

Thanks again to everyone who lent even the slightest hand in 'building' my wrecker, and helping me get every little tiny piece of whatever loaded onto my rigs.

Ferro Fuel went over very well, I think I'll start doing it at every rally.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Just spoke to the Tinwoodsman. He is about 50 miles from the Texas border after spending the night in LA (Lower Alabama)...looks like he has about 5 hours to go.

While I'm here I want to thank a few folks because without them CAMO would have been a MUCH smaller group including vehicles:

Tinwoodsman for driving Proud American up and back.

Atomic for driving the M185A3 camper truck.

Sandcobra for helping with setup/teardown

Zout for picking a perfect place and for providing "juice" and fellowship.

The MKT Crew for the chiliemac and birthday cake...it was yummy!!

Amy (DHW) for the cupcakes and the second BD cake.

And Clinto for providing the opportunity for hundreds of good folks to get together in a family oriented setting and have just one heck of a good time!
I have taken the previlege of granting Clinto "Imperial Status" due to his outstanding performance this year.

From this day forward Clinto shall bear the title "Imperial Grand Master " of rallies!!

I hope I didn't forget anyone but if I did...you already know why...cause ya know me...LOL

Attachments

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'd like to give out a few thanks...

First, Clinto, thank you once again for all the work you've put into this for our enjoyment.

Second to Mike (and crew), thank you once again for all the work you and the crew put into keeping our stomachs full!

Third to Kenny, thank you for manning the gate, it's not a fun job I'm sure.

Forth to Eric, Amy and Tinsley. Thank you so much for your assistance Thursday night. I mean that from deep down. You all helped jump in and assist with the situation at hand and helped prompt a resolution. Thank you all!

Some other honorable mentions:
Zout for the cherries
PB for, well being PB and of course BB being the ornery dog he is
Adam for an interesting kit car assembly demonstration
Corey (ca1517) for bringing the golf cart that I "turned the fuel up" on and abused
John for showing us how to repeatedly stick a M35A3

Can't wait for next year!

And if you can't wait like me, how about a mini GA rally in the spring at another location? :idea:

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
I got home around 1800 sun. got stuck in trafic from a wreck in NC for 1 hour. Had people getting out of there cars and taking photos with the jeep. The girls had the truck unloaded last night by the time i got the layer of dust washed off of me. My 2 Rally shirts have been clamed by the girls so it looks like i will be messaging Weckerman to get a cupple more! Had a fantastic time. Hope everyone was pleased with the first aid. Will be adding a few things to the kit for next year that was used up this year.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Well....I'm in the recovery phase of this operation....getting all the dirty clothes and linen out of the big green RV that I dragged up there with an equally big truck.

I'll let Mike give out the report on how many folks we fed (that's why you had to sign the headcount sheet).

Once again it was a pleasure to provide chow for the unwashed masses. While Chili-mac and steak night are standards next year we may have something different one night.

Thanks to all those who rolled up their sleeves and assisted with set up, KP and break down. We could not do it without your help.

I had such a good time this year I may come up even earlier next year to get things started for the other early birds.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We still have one troop who isn't all the way home yet. Of course he came the farthest this year. He just left a little while ago in his new toy.

Here are a few pics of him and his toy. The dead rabbit head on the seat was a present from a dog. Last is him leaving my place.

Sandflea hits the road.

Attachments

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I was very lucky I had Mr Murphy visit me as I was pulling off at exit 114 I-20 just NW of the rally to get fuel when my left front tire blew out. Drove till I started talking to a pumpkin that someone put in my cab 1/2 way across Mo and had to call it a night. Motel-it and got home this morning.
Like Arnold said,"I'll be back"

CycleJay

Hi guys.. & Ladies...

Thank you to all of you for making the Rally happen, and it being one darn good time..

I am glad I came, I had a good time, I met alot of you, ate some great food (Thanks for the steak, yumm!!),
I made some money, I spent some money, got some parts for my '09 that she needed..
Even an operators manual.

She got some exercise,
And she even started and ran great going to and coming back from the rally,
NOT a single problem.etc.. So I am very happy with her...

Finally got some decent sleep... lol... Got to see what stars in the sky actually look like.. LOL

I got home perfectly safe and no worries.. late-afternoon Sunday......
Took her to work this morning, had to be there at 4:30am, and I just got home..
Still no problems, issues, etc. She runs perfect!!

By the way, thank you for letting me help out around there, that was fun too..
I like to help people when and where I can, when people ask, or accept my offer
when I volunteer.

Thank you again to every single one of you!! For being such darn good friendly, helpful,
fun people!

I am very much looking forward to next year...

God bless all of you....

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
ok Clint,
Dad wants to come next year, but would need to stay in a cabin/RV.

Got the dates picked out so we can reserve one? :tinkerbell:

Is it OCT 2013 yet?

zout

Deb and I made it home with no issues as well - its only a couple hour drive for us back up here by Stone Mountain - we were being drafted for a little while on the return trip by someone who escaped off the same exit as us and turned onto Rockbridge off from Hwy 124. Close fellow neighbor SSer I guess.

Thanks to CAMO for making room for the 43 when they had gobs of other stuff they could have brought (like the 114).
For those I did get a chance to hang around with I appologize that I was not at full running speed quite yet - I had no intent to disreguard anyone nor do I hope I made you feel I was not paying attention - could not be farther from the truth.

Glad Cyclejay could make it as well - now that his initiation is over - hope hhe can join in other events. Hopefully seeing everyone will give him encouragement in turning some wrenches with that new book of his :beer:.

Great seeing all the rest of you along with all the dogs and kids - great time and we are officially out of marshmellows and Hershey bars.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dave, Seeing you bang your head on your Jeep gun mount I thought you were going to have more trouble.....

;-)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just got a text from JW4X4. He dropped Mike off a half hour ago and just stepped in the door. Cream Puff gave him not a single issue on the way home. They went a half a day off the beaten path just in case Speddmons road oiler failed. Why? Because that how Steel Soldiers look after each other.

jw4x4

Home safe and sound without a single issue. We stopped late last night in Ripley, WV for a comfortable bed and full size bathroom. Then, Rock Boots World Headquarters in Nelsonville, OH was right on our path so we stopped there for quite awhile.

I cannot express how delighted I am to have the modified bed on the 932. Thanks a million to Kenny, Mike and Mike, Gimpy, SWBradley, and Ron for lifting the bed so I could drive under it. What a rewarding project.

Drove 1640 miles and Mike endured every bump, esp Rt 77 in West Va. That road should be avoided no matter what. And tghey have the nerve to stop people @ 3 different toll booths. They should have paid ME to drive on it. Passenger seat mods are in the plans for future extended voyages.

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Arrived home today about 3:50pm CST. The round trip from my home in Texas to the CAMO compound in Columbus was 2,014 miles. Had great time in Columbus with the CAMO guys and at the rally. I am ready to mark the calendar for next year.

joeM62

I would have stayed longer but trying to make the wife happy left early sorry I didn't get to met the rest of you guys. I'll try and make the next ga rally as Glad to hear most of you have made it home safe.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks