• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2012 Ga rally check in

durhamtown

hey Guys and Gals

hope everyone made it home ok and safely

great turnout awsome group of people

thanks for coming to Durhamtown and lookin forward to next year same weekend is good for us

can anyone lead me to some pictures of the rally and the convoy

I want to post some on the website

thanks mike

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
hey Guys and Gals

hope everyone made it home ok and safely

great turnout awsome group of people

thanks for coming to Durhamtown and lookin forward to next year same weekend is good for us

can anyone lead me to some pictures of the rally and the convoy

I want to post some on the website

thanks mike
Hey Mike,

We enjoyed this year as always, thanks for the support.

All of the pics and video are being collected in this thread. As people are still driving home and getting back to work, the thread will probably continue to grow for a week or so. But there are already a lot of pics and few videos now.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/conversations/96264-official-2012-ga-rally-multimedia-thread.html

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can't believe I missed this thread!!!

I made it home safe and sound after 17 hours on the road, $350 in fuel and $118 in ATF!

I think it was about 640 miles but at 50 MPH or less, and stopping every 1/2 hour to add ATF (At least a quart, more once I hit the hills in NC, VA, WV and Ohio) it was a LONG drive.

The hill Amy was referring to earlier was Fancy Gap in VA. We stopped and filled the transmission at the bottom, and 7 short uphill miles later we added another quart to it. You could see the oil mist/smoke behind the truck like a cloud

I cannot properly express my gratitude to Amy and Eric for following the "Road Oiler" for as long as they did. They added at least 3 or 4 hours onto their drive and covered their vehicle in ATF just to make sure I wasn't dead along the road somewhere.

Also to Jerry (JW4x4) and Mike for taking the VERY long way home, just to be headed my way in case the Oiler crapped out completely. I sent him a text about the time I was pulling off of I-77 and thanked him once again, his simple reply was..."That's what Steel Soldiers do" You can't sum it up any better than that. Steel Soldiers is like a big extended family.

The support network here is incredible, and you all are the best people on the planet!!!!!!!! I can't wait till next years rally.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe doghead should get some of Wreckerman893s laquer thinner fuel for his windshield washer.

3dAngus

Steve,
I guess it's gonna be tough for anyone to ever beat Sandfleas record for the longest distance traveled to get to the Ga. Rally.

He's got the record at what might be about 7500 miles. :3dAngus:

Long ways back...

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No problems loading westech out at my place. Craned lube trailer on semi trailer, hooked up, and headed out. According to face book he made it to the bar in WI, so I would assume everything went ok.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dennis, you have about 360 days left until SSGR2013. At the rate of saving $3 a day that will give you a little over $1000 for the trip down. I suggest packing your lunch and saving the dough for the rally.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Already looking forward to SSGA2013. Lets see, what do I have to do to Ferro to beat him there in 2013?
:grd:

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ha Ha, The way my back has been feeling, my truck is still loaded from the 2012 SSGR. All I have to do is buy 18 Gallons of ATF and I'm already to go for the 2013 SSGR

jw4x4

We still have one troop who isn't all the way home yet. Of course he came the farthest this year. He just left a little while ago in his new toy.

Here are a few pics of him and his toy. The dead rabbit head on the seat was a present from a dog. Last is him leaving my place.

Sandflea hits the road.
What a junker!!!!!

3dAngus

All you have to do is bring some of your excess junk, errrr, treasures in green iron.
Someone will buy them. You got fuel money.
I bought more than I sold.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks