• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2012 Ga Rally parts wanted/for sale/swap thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimma

I have a bunch of deuce rims and tires. The tires are on the rims. Tires are not great but are usable and are holding air perfectly. I can bring them to the rally if anyone is interested. $10 each. I'm not bringing them unless someone wants them. Please pm me if interested.

I also have a few oil filter canisters and a primary fuel filter canister if anyone needs them. I put spinon filters on my truck.

Last edited:

rebelqwes87

I plan on bringing an almost complete winch setup for a Deuce if anybody is interested. This includes frame extension brackets with hardware(still bolted to the frame rails that were torched off), winch, old frayed cable, bumper, chain, pto shaft, and in cab control lever. No PTO is included. I am asking $800 for all, I don't really want to separate any of it other than possibly the shaft and control lever seeing as it is all in tact right now. PM me if you are interested.

zout

M38A1 - I need the drives mounted BO light and mount backet.
M38A - I need the rear corner cab antenna mount and 3 piece antenna
M38A - if you have any bows - canvas - doors etc - pm me

This is for finishing Dinger65's jeep adn he should be there end of the week of the rally or pm me or come and see me at the rally if you have these items and we can deal - I do not pay GOLD prices.

3dAngus

Boiled peanuts and Ice Cold Milk.

It's the only Combo I've found better than boiled peanuts and ice cold beer. I'm a milk lover too.

History of boiled peanuts...
Georgia is one of the primary peanut states. Dothan Alabama hearlds the National Peanut Festival, immediately after the harvest. In Oct, I believe. It's been a while.
Anyway, in Georgia, we are known for those planter peanuts. It's a specialty peanut of special size and moisture content, specificially planted and harvested for planter peanuts. If to big, they don't use them. So, over the last 20 years or so, many of us have "cheated". We find Valencia peanuts from New Mexico, which are much larger, almost twice the size of planters style peanuts. We like the bigger ones for boiling.
Then, some farmers around here, who love boiled peanuts said, "What the heck", and started bringing in just a little bit of seed, and would plant a half acre to acre of Valencia peanuts next to their 1000 acres of Planters, just so they could give to family and friends and boil some up. Today, it is rare we import from New Mexico. Farmers don't usually plant many unless they sell boiled peanuts commmercially, or in just about every other gas station around, this time of year.
One other thing. You don't just boil any ole peanut. You buy "Green" peanuts. No, not OD green. And they only last about two weeks before they start to dry out, and that's with slight refridgeration. Some say they can keep green peanuts for months in walk in coolers. I don't know. I do know if not preserved correctly, they will develop a fungus, so keep them cool, unless already dried out by the farmer in his drying bins. Anyway, for the best overall peanut boil, get green ones in August, Sept, and early Oct, depending on harvest time, put in lots of salt, and boil away. Now that's some **** good eatin'.

I just picked up a half bushel full of fresh green peanuts and I'm boiling now. Come see me at the Ga. Rally and if I have any left, sit down and enjoy some with me. I hope to have some there. I might pick up another bushel and just cook them on location. Bring your own beer.

By the way, you can freeze boiled peanuts and save them. If not frozen in the briine they are cooked in, I would eat them within a month. If you freeze them in the salty water you cooked them in, you can keep them for six months. Just pop them in the microwave, thaw, then put in a bowl and heat them up to a small boil. They will be almost as fresh as the green ones you cooked months earlier, and still, absolutely delicious. They grow on you. I'll see if I can bring up some uprooted cotton plants for the northerners too, so they can bring a cotton boll home to their kids and let them see how long it takes to pick the seeds out of it. Eli Whitney's cotton gin was amazing.

Last edited:

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dell, unless poppop brings a mess, you better figure on about a bushel for me (the rally is only four days), and who know how much for my crew. We had Amy (DHWife) eating them one year. Fortunately the Yankees will leave them alone, which just means more for us!:beer:

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have one section of troop seats for a 5 ton 800 series, and one section for a 900 series. Both are cheap..........

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
900 series bed has a longer spacing between the holes. And both sections of troop seats are fiberglas.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've decided to sell the ENG-3 Lube trailer (Trailer and enclosure ONLY). This is the same one I stripped down the other year and mounted one of my generators in. I am going to take the genny back off of it and get rid of the trailer. I'm asking $500 for the trailer and i can deliver it to the GA rally if anybody wants it. BUT I need to have a commitment before i drag it down to GA. It'll be a bit silly looking, but for a one way trip I am pretty sure I can pull it with the M1031.

The trailer weighs 3300 pounds without the frame work and aluminum cover, so another 100 pounds or so for that.. PM me if you want it and we can work out details.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is some parts i have will bring them if some one is interested

4-700R4 4x4 of a civic K5 with 241C tranfer case front and rear drive shat engine
bracket for kick down cable i got it as a running unit had clean fluied and converter
looks like it was replace at one time i got it for the M1010 bout use the 4l80E that
came with the 6.5 engine that i put in it $400
if anybody is interested 305-218-0640 or PM me
Dunno how I missed this one. PM Sent

1958 M274

I have the following items for sale:

2 1/2 Ton / 5 Ton hard top, early 1950's dated, overall good condition, some rust around the bottom of the back section, new sliding rear window. $300

Two stage military air compressor. Rated at 15 CFM @ 175 PSI. Has new military standard 4AO32 four cylinder air cooled engine. Kind of runs (carb needs cleaning), pumps air. $400

M1030B1 Kawasaki KLR650 USMC Motorcycle. Starts, runs, and rides great. The real deal, complete and original. $4,500.

1971 USMC M813A1 w/winch. Overhauled by the Marine Corps in 1991 with ISO cargo bed, locking differentials, 14.00-20 singles. Also has cable tensioner and level wind on winch. $12,500

Replica M16A1 built with real stock/handguards/demilled barrel on solid aluminum receiver - $240 (usually $255)

Replica M16A2 built with real stock/handguards/demilled barrel on solid aluminum receiver - $270 (usually $285)

Replica M16A2 "rubber duck" training rifle, molded urethane body with metal barrel - $210 (usually $225)

Replica M60 built on demilled receiver- $1,050 (usually $1,095)

Replica M2HB .50 built with demilled barrel. Receiver has real hand shot rivets, not screws like most replicas. $1,250

I'd be interested in taking green or camo M101 and/or M105 covers in trade towards these items.

I might not see your message if you reply to this thread, so please PM me if you're interested. I'm going to be out of town for a couple weeks with limited access to the internet, so please be patient if it takes me a while to respond. I'll try to get pics of the hard top and air compressor when I get home if anyone is interested. All prices are cash. I plan to be at the rally from Friday night until Sunday morning. I'm only bringing the above listed items if a deal is made ahead of time.

Attachments

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.