• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2012 louisiana steel soldiers rally

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Whoa Nelly! I just found this thread. I'm blocking those dates on my calendar so I'll be there if my company doesn't send me out of state again. Just got back from 2.5 weeks on the road from El Campo TX to Raleigh NC (did get to meet/buy stuff from 3dAngus).

Doug

Hybridryan09

I'm also going to trucks gone wild but would love to to make it to the rally I know most of you guys are purist would it be bad of me to show up in my crew cabbed bobbed lifted duece on 1600 20s?

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
That was prolly Wreckerman...wanting to pimp off parts removed with the "red wrench"!:shock:
If I have aquired another M915 by then I'll be bringing the big van trailer.....loaded with trade goods.

If I don't have a road tractor me and the Boss Lady will just put as much stuff on the gooseneck as we can and drag it down with the big red Dodge.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
just a bump up to keep us informed on the rally. soon we will start another swap meet parts exchange for the rally. start cleaning out your shops an sheds so see what you dont need any more:driver: :mrgreen:

Sirblissfull

Hoping to have the RV conversion done for this event.

The drive over will be a nice shake down cruise to work out any bugs.

Tim I still have the slave cable adapter I promised. I will have a couple winches for sale at the event as well.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
any new ideas on the food? need to work that out well in advance. this year hoping to get some venders to come in and have some stuff for sale.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Tim; you know how the GA rally does the convoy through the back roads? Maybe you guys could do the same thing one of the days and go to the WW2 museum and back? Would be an interesting stop! Just a thought. (by the way i'll be in NOLA the week of the 18th![thumbzup]

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
that convoy would be around 2 hours one way.. you have been to the museum.. there is hardly no where to park a big truck there. but the though of going somewhere sounds good

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
so has there been a lost in interested in the planning stages of this years rally. dont want to be the only one beating my drum here:jumpin:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wish I could be there Tim; but that's a long commute! I will be there next week though if you want to meet up in the late afternoon.

jluv1185

Im in of course! Someone has to keep Frodo in line. Tim, if you don't want to do food this year, and have everyone bring what they want to eat im good with that. I know last year a few balls were dropped... but if you wan't to try it again I can bring whatever you want. Just let me know. We need to get a list going soon. I got dibs on my spot next to the pond!

Sirblissfull

The RV conversion is taking up all my spare time, I am trying to get it done before the rally.

The wife and I are planning on bringing the hoard with us.

If you need help with any of the smaller details let me know I can "delegate" some of the project to my wife.

frodobaggins

I took off so I could come down Thursday and help with set up. I'll bring something to cook. I can also be on cooking duty, don't mind a bit. Other than that, just tell me what's needed and I'll see what I can do.

Kevin

lady_green

Don't forget to let us know if you are bringing a military vehicle or trailer so we have a heads up.

This next bit may not go over well or some people may not like my comment. Because of the financial issue we had last year when it came down to the food, something is going to have to change. Not everyone left us hanging. I appreciate those who were nice enough to contribute. Apparently, this system is not working though. I suggest us buying the food and charging a small fee per person to cover the charges needed to purchase all the food.

We really need to talk all this out and figure out a plan on what is best to do. Thanks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks