• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2012 louisiana steel soldiers rally

wehring

Texans...

The Texas crew is growing... Mr. George, Joe Z and John will be in tow with me. We will bring the track. It is running good this week. :whistle:

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

Tim,
Sounds like you need to set up that MKT-85 and press her into service. Sounds like a lot of fun, wish I could find the time to get a crew together and make the long trip down to your place.
On the subject of food and the cost of picking up the whole tab, been there, done that. We run into that issue all the time with our big gatherings. You just have to figure out what it will cost per head to cover the costs and than you don't get stuck paying for everything. Also, get a contribution box to help outfit the MKT. Good luck and post pics of the event. Take care.

John

goldneagle

The wife and i will be attending with the M109. Been busy and missed the thread until today. I'll be bringing a few small items for sale. Stainless Steel MRE heaters NOS for $75 each--no power cords.

HanksDeuce

Well, I got dibs on parking in front of Tim's 3rd garage door at the rally. Wait, that's where my deuce is parked right now. hahahahaha *face palm*

wehring

Cranetruck

Anyone driving to the rally from the VA area? I am thinking about bringing the cranetruck home to TX via an appearance at the LA rally. It (and Bjorn) have been missed at the GA rally for years and many of you at this rally are GA participants.

Anyone? Can we get this together? Anyone care to travel some of the leg with it to its new home?

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

goldneagle

So has any decision been made about the food yet? It seems like this year there is not much excitement about the rally! Last year we had T-shirt thread and a swap trade thread going. Is PB and the CAMO guys going to make it down this year? They should be recovered from Zout's pig roast by then.:beer:

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
my computer is down for the count. i hope to have a new one in the next couple days. posting this from work computer. we need to get the food issue for the rally worked out. anyone with some good ideas shout out and lets get this years rally planned out.

Sirblissfull

Ask for volunteers to set up a kitchen like they do for the GA rally.

Delegating the food issue would save you a lot of headache, if this wasn't going to be my first and most likely only LA rally I would offer my services. As it stands I sure do not mind sending my teenager over to help out.

goldneagle

my computer is down for the count. i hope to have a new one in the next couple days. posting this from work computer. we need to get the food issue for the rally worked out. anyone with some good ideas shout out and lets get this years rally planned out.
Do you guys get Pizza delivery? Any other places that deliver to your home? You can a alway get people to order food to be delivered. Get the cash first and then call for delivery.

Get a vendor to stop by with a lunch wagon or set up your own. Burgers, fries, hot dogs and sausages. Charge by the item like a vendor. That way you know you got your money back out of it.

Run the place like a Chinese Laundry...No tickie- no washie!

Sirblissfull

Get a vendor to stop by with a lunch wagon or set up your own. Burgers, fries, hot dogs and sausages. Charge by the item like a vendor. That way you know you got your money back out of it.

I really like this idea. Does away with the cattle call for meal times.

There has to be some local barbecue or Cajun place with a portable set up for catering parties.

Last edited:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
we need to get the food issue for the rally worked out. anyone with some good ideas shout out and lets get this years rally planned out.
I got a couple of cases of this left over from last year's GA Rally.

Just heat and eat. Great over toast, biscuits, cornbread, rice or noodles.

Move over Nutra......Possum is in the house.

Attachments

lady_green

We tried delegating the food and each bring a little something. That concept isnt working for us.
Unfortunately, we are out of the delivering range. But we can order and do a pick up. So that is an option. I can also call around and get some prices on catering (subway sandwiches, etc) and see how that works out. We are just trying to find a way for everyone to be able to eat without the headache of the expense going all to one person and that kinda stuff.

Either way, we gotta get on the ball with this! It's one month away.

cajun666

Do you guys get Pizza delivery? Any other places that deliver to your home? You can a alway get people to order food to be delivered. Get the cash first and then call for delivery.

Run the place like a Chinese Laundry...No tickie- no washie!

there in the sticks

ant no body going to delivery out there

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I know where some cases of this are, and/or I would gladly DONATE the second pic, there should be enough here to feed a bunch of people, .

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks