• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2012 louisiana steel soldiers rally

goldneagle

73m819 said it right. It's your rally Tim. You can run it anyway you want. I was not trying to tell you how to run your rally. I was trying to make it easier for you with suggestions that would make it easier on you. I even offers to help with the t-shirts by volunteering to accept payment and to do the shipping to those who could not attend. I have the facilities and the proper envelopes to do a professional job.

I brought to your attention a technology that many now use to pay for items that they cannot pay for in person. Its called Paypal. It's instant and reliable. Your method got you 2 payments on hand. I was trying to be helpful but got a lot of resistance for the effort. Some members even ridiculed me for my suggestion and final decision to cancel my order for the shirts.

Since you did not order the shirts i did not think i was asking you to absorb the cost of the shirts, just not order any for me. Again some members jumped in to make nasty comments about my order retraction - like I left you stuck with a $200 bill.

My wife and I appreciate the effort the you and your family put into the rally. We have alway come through with our promised share of the food and funds. I am aways ready to help you in any way i can. i thought I was helping with your shirt order/payment problems.

Last edited:

zout

Bear with me Tim - in no way was my comment to distract from Tim's Rally.

It was an explaination which I also informed Tim of when it took place stating I should not be allowed to get a T shirt from the LA Rally last year seeing as I would not be attending. The example of getting a medal when you were not in the battle was used.

I wanted to buy a T shirt seeing as I wanted to help Tim out - because non of the T shirt extravagazas go as planned - thinking you will sell them all and I wanted to help Tim recover - not that I really needed a T shirt.

It was an explanation only and back to Tim's thread as this is all I need to explain.

jluv1185

My laptop crashed (Tim's PC didn't use protection) so I haven't been on here. Some people better be glad I haven't been. Grow the **** up guys! Stow that crap! Tim has alot on his plate without all this bickering. A rally is supposed to be a fun time full of laughs and new friends. Let's tighten up. Now what do we have left to iron out? Is food still an issue? We need a deadline on this.

littlebob

My laptop crashed (Tim's PC didn't use protection) so I haven't been on here. Some people better be glad I haven't been. Grow the **** up guys! Stow that crap! Tim has alot on his plate without all this bickering. A rally is supposed to be a fun time full of laughs and new friends. Let's tighten up. Now what do we have left to iron out? Is food still an issue? We need a deadline on this.
Justin, You might have scared everyone away from contacting Tim that doesn't know Tim's PC is a local computer service place.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
my computer was 9 years old. it still works but the ubs port thing that hooks it to the internet went out. i didnt want to spend any money on it being that old. the new one has a smaller key board that makes my fat fingers hard to type on. but i must get use to it i think. starting to get ideas on laying out the yard. wanting to move some things around more toward the back to make more usuable room for trucks. local tire man that has the contract with3 states from gl is making plans to bring a truck load of tires for sale. shout back if interested in any special size or type:jumpin:

lady_green

Justin: sounds like everyone is having computer issues.

Tim: There is nothing wrong with this new computer. You just needs to get along with Windows 7.

Since I guess we have decided to charge a small amount per head. I will get prices for the jambalaya and hamburgers + all the dressing that go along with it & drinks. As for the two breakfasts, we can do grits, eggs, bacon, biscuits & coffee. Wehring makes those yummy breakfast burritos so if that sounds better we can also do that. For desserts, I can also make some brownies and maybe have a strawberry shortcake (ponchy is the strawberry capital after all).

We have 3 weeks so we need to get this down now. Remember to give us a heads up on if you are bringing a military truck so we can get the yard planned out. I hope to see everyone at the rally since I missed out last year!

goldneagle

my computer was 9 years old. it still works but the ubs port thing that hooks it to the internet went out. i didnt want to spend any money on it being that old. the new one has a smaller key board that makes my fat fingers hard to type on. but i must get use to it i think. starting to get ideas on laying out the yard. wanting to move some things around more toward the back to make more usuable room for trucks. local tire man that has the contract with3 states from gl is making plans to bring a truck load of tires for sale. shout back if interested in any special size or type:jumpin:
I am still looking for 1 more Michelin 11.00-20 XL tire 90% plus. Also need the flap.

Thanks

goldneagle

Justin: sounds like everyone is having computer issues.

Tim: There is nothing wrong with this new computer. You just needs to get along with Windows 7.

Since I guess we have decided to charge a small amount per head. I will get prices for the jambalaya and hamburgers + all the dressing that go along with it & drinks. As for the two breakfasts, we can do grits, eggs, bacon, biscuits & coffee. Wehring makes those yummy breakfast burritos so if that sounds better we can also do that. For desserts, I can also make some brownies and maybe have a strawberry shortcake (ponchy is the strawberry capital after all).

We have 3 weeks so we need to get this down now. Remember to give us a heads up on if you are bringing a military truck so we can get the yard planned out. I hope to see everyone at the rally since I missed out last year!
We are bringing the M109A2.

Bighurt

Most likely I'll be in Biloxi that weekend so I'll definitely head on over for the day.

every one that use paypal now we have to add the fess to the payment

if not there not using there head

ok who waht to pay with paypal tihs well be what it well coats u

$15.00 for S-XL + 5.50 s/h + paypal fee 2.9% ( .60 ) + .30 ( .90 ) = 21.40

$17.50 for 2XL+ + 5.50 s/h + paypal fee 2.9% ( .67 ) + .30 (. 97 ) = 23.97
Just to be clear it is against Pay Pal terms of use (in the US) to charge a customer the Pay Pal fee. Falls under the same concept as a few state laws in regards to charging credit card users a fee for the transaction. In fact VISA and MASTERCARD both have similar information in their respective terms of us.

It's buried in the paragraphs of information people don't read but check the box agreeing to.

The legal way around this is increase the price for the product and offer a cash discount.

cajun666

Most likely I'll be in Biloxi that weekend so I'll definitely head on over for the day.

Just to be clear it is against Pay Pal terms of use (in the US) to charge a customer the Pay Pal fee. Falls under the same concept as a few state laws in regards to charging credit card users a fee for the transaction. In fact VISA and MASTERCARD both have similar information in their respective terms of us.

It's buried in the paragraphs of information people don't read but check the box agreeing to.

The legal way around this is increase the price for the product and offer a cash discount.
i do not care where u do business all fees r pass to who every buy there with cc
like every one now the fees r add to the price

legal r not that what happens

Bighurt

i do not care where u do business all fees r pass to who every buy there with cc

Clearly you didn't read my last sentence.

Just like Fraud all three companies I mentioned Pay-Pal, Visa, Mastercard, have channels to report vendors charging the transaction fees to the customer. In certain states legal action can be pursued.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial

u is spelled YOU
r is spelled ARE

FROM the SITE RULES
Do not post as if texting and do avoid the use of texting abbreviations. We are not the grammar police but we want everyone to easily read your post in at least 8th grade English.

Last edited:

goldneagle

u is spelled YOU
r is spelled ARE

FROM the SITE RULES
Do not post as if texting and do avoid the use of texting abbreviations. We are not the grammar police but we want everyone to easily read your post in at least 8th grade English.
I think this site needs a grammer-checker really bad. I need some serious dental work due to the teeth I broke trying to read some of the comments on this site.

Westex

Oh, I hate that grammar stuff, too. Note that above post should read 'provide'. Sorry. And it's grammar, not grammer. Sorry again.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks