• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2012 louisiana steel soldiers rally

fduvic1

I just found the thread, is the rally in going to be in Ponchatoula or somewhere else? I am a student at LSU so if y'all need some help getting stuff put together I can look around locally.

In my oppinion the best bang for your buck is jambalaya. I called around there is a catering company out of Hammond that will deliver to ponchatoula, or you can pick it up from them. They deliver it by the plan. One XL pan will feed 25 people and costs $65 if you buy 4 or more. So for 100 people its $280 with tax. This way no cook time and if you start running low just order more. Just have it as a concession at $3.00 -$4.00 a bowl to help cover those who dont eat.

This is hopefully going to be my first rally ever so let me know if I can help. Now like I said I am a student so I will do what I can.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
last year we did get some jambalaya from the place at the college for the friday dinner and it was super. i am thinking that the food issue for the sat is the only one we need to work on. i know we can work it out..

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The going price for MREs is $7.50, so everyone chip in and I'll buy a few cases. That way we will be able to save on the portapotty, too! :twisted: Actually, anything to eat is good for me, I'm not picky. I've et raccoon and bear, but not possum (although I did try some possum-on-a-half-shell over in Texas - tasted like chicken), and I'll pitch in or chip in what ever is decided.

I'll try to be there on Friday, if not Thursday to assist. Plan to bring an M818 w/M871A2 30' flatbed. My tent will be on the trailer out of the fire ant reach.

The going price for MREs is $7.50, so everyone chip in and I'll buy a few cases. That way we will be able to save on the portapotty, too! :twisted: Actually, anything to eat is good for me, I'm not picky. I've et raccoon and bear, but not possum (although I did try some possum-on-a-half-shell over in Texas - tasted like chicken), and I'll pitch in or chip in what ever is decided.

I'll try to be there on Friday, if not Thursday to assist. Plan to bring an M818 w/M871A2 30' flatbed. My tent will be on the trailer out of the fire ant reach.
$7.50 apiece? Man, I could sell the 4 or 5 cases I have left over from Katrina and make a mint!!!

LC

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i have had many pms and phone calls about the food. looking like we buy some jambalaya and hamburgers for the people coming to the rally. lets talk about a fair price that we can ask for the dinners. we can also get a breakfast going and same for supper as was the lunch. lets get it going hoping more would be interested in coming this year.[thumbzup]

Csm Davis

I will be there not sure what I will drive but will be bringing goods to sell or trade and Saturday is my hatch date so I will be happy that you decided to have this big MV party just for me! :mrgreen:

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
looking like my mkt is going to be up and running this year. thanks to all the guys sending me parts that im missing:beer:

goldneagle

looking like my mkt is going to be up and running this year. thanks to all the guys sending me parts that im missing:beer:
Wel this sounds a little more optimistic! For a while there you didn't sound too happy with doing the Rally this year. It sounds like the food and t-shirts were a throne in your side.

I think you could get money up front easier if you took Paypal for payments. It's not just an Ebay thing anymore. A lot of online stores and even HD now take Paypal.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
paypal charges me 3% so that means losing money right off the bat. it shouldnt be that hard to mail a check if your interested in a shirt. a shirt that you cant get a walmart . we take the time to desigh and make a few trips to the shirt place and then get them back here on time and i feel that commits like yours dont show appriciation for all the hard work. its the 2nd and i have only one check and one cash payment so far. looking slim dont it.

wehring

Shirt

Tim,

I will buy an extra shirt to cover the -1 headcount from Zev. If there is a higher cost for his XXL over the other sizes then I will take 2 to cover it.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

cajun666

paypal charges me 3% so that means losing money right off the bat. it shouldnt be that hard to mail a check if your interested in a shirt. a shirt that you cant get a walmart . we take the time to desigh and make a few trips to the shirt place and then get them back here on time and i feel that commits like yours dont show appriciation for all the hard work. its the 2nd and i have only one check and one cash payment so far. looking slim dont it.

every one that use paypal now we have to add the fess to the payment

if not there not using there head

ok who waht to pay with paypal tihs well be what it well coats u

$15.00 for S-XL + 5.50 s/h + paypal fee 2.9% ( .60 ) + .30 ( .90 ) = 21.40

$17.50 for 2XL+ + 5.50 s/h + paypal fee 2.9% ( .67 ) + .30 (. 97 ) = 23.97

that sad if my math is wrong u can kick me

now send me a paypal link to pay u for 2 3XL

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Guys, this is TIMs RALLY thread, PLEASE take it to pms or better yet just drop it, why not BOTH of you delete your atitude post and let this thread get bact to TIM and his RALLY, in fact I will help you

zout

Tim - just continue on with YOUR rally.

everyone knows by all the postings of what is happening and its your rally.

NWH would I even consider no matter what I did to get into the T shirt business - its a TPA and someone winds up having to eat T shirts or give them away cheaper at a later date - in fact I recall being told if I did not attend a specific rally there was no way I should be allowed to get a T shirt - cause I did not attend it. Now that is arrogant.

Just do what YOU want to do and if someone does not like it or not show up I am sure you will not loose any sleep over it.

I personally cannot attend as I am dealing with an issue at work of having to take Saturdays off now - even my cookout is going to be a bloodletting for me but I do not care.

BTW - thanks for selling me a T shirt from YOUR RALLY last year at the Ga Rally - I appreciate it.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
here is my paypal address. gi1ton4x4@hotmail.com for those that want to send it via email. sorry zev is discusted with the tshirt thing. ill get the old shirts out and see what is left. i think i even have shirts from 2 years ago but dont reallly remember

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks