• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2012 SPRING DUST OFF (midwest mini rally)

Status
Not open for further replies.

indy4x4fab

Banned
I plan on being there but ant sure if i will be driving a MV.. wheels seals are leaking and cant get the seal and get it in before the event but my duelly will get me there..
I got a question tho.. I got a PRC 77 and it worked fine then it got UPS'ed and now wont pick up a signal from another radio.. It all fires up and looks right just no words come out of it any more.. It needs recalibrated again i was told from a radio guy? i also have a few sets of PRC 6's and 1 has something wrong.. its hard to hear out of it.. will there be anyone at this event that can fix my radios if i bring them?
Yes there will be sevral guys there that I would trust to take a look at it and they may have the parts on hand to fix it, too. Bring what you have and ask for john when you get there or find me and I'll make sure you two get together to solve your ham problem.

Anderson, IN is only about 2 - 1/2 hours away from my AO in Ohio. It sounds like fun. I'm doing some work on my M880 on Friday, but I'll sure try to get there on Saturday - assuming everything goes well that is with the maintenance work. I probably won't stay overnight though. My camping days are done I'm afraid.:|

rwbrown72

Got my M109 wired for 110 finally. It will be nice to be able to run the deep freeze on shore power and have lights. Wiring was pretty straight forward. Looking forward to the event. Hope the Mkt works like it is supposed to. :beer:

Tweeter166

Banned
Tweeter166 could you bring one of those army kid 8x8 aatv with you for us to see if its not to big of a hassle?

I would in a second if i had one built right now to bring.. My shop has been busy and full restoreing 2 Gama Goats for a guy so i ant had the room or time to get another 8x8 built.. i am just a few miles north of munice so your welcome to come up to the shop and check them out.. I got some old ones setting here waiting to be built..

Is John the guy there that use to race the sprint cars? if so i have meet him.. My uncle and myself went to the muesum last spring and the guy there in charge {sprint car guy} gave us the "extra" tour around the place.. Nice guy.. I knew he was a radio guy so i have tried to call him a few times about fixing my radios by leaveing a message on the answer machine at the muesum but i never got a call back.. Who owns them rough APC on tires setting outside on the fence there? he told me but i cant remember now.. I would love to buy one to restore and put back in action.. Like to buy that stack of drop tanks there also to make big fake rockets out of and mount them on a trailer to pull around or set up at a rally or something like that..

I heard saturday that the muesum was gone there.. everything had been moved to Flordia and anderson was no more.. I Knew the owner was moveing stuff to FL but is it all gone now?

indy4x4fab

Banned
I would in a second if i had one built right now to bring.. My shop has been busy and full restoreing 2 Gama Goats for a guy so i ant had the room or time to get another 8x8 built.. i am just a few miles north of munice so your welcome to come up to the shop and check them out.. I got some old ones setting here waiting to be built..

Is John the guy there that use to race the sprint cars? if so i have meet him.. My uncle and myself went to the muesum last spring and the guy there in charge {sprint car guy} gave us the "extra" tour around the place.. Nice guy.. I knew he was a radio guy so i have tried to call him a few times about fixing my radios by leaveing a message on the answer machine at the muesum but i never got a call back.. Who owns them rough APC on tires setting outside on the fence there? he told me but i cant remember now.. I would love to buy one to restore and put back in action.. Like to buy that stack of drop tanks there also to make big fake rockets out of and mount them on a trailer to pull around or set up at a rally or something like that..

I heard saturday that the muesum was gone there.. everything had been moved to Flordia and anderson was no more.. I Knew the owner was moveing stuff to FL but is it all gone now?
Yes the owner of the museum "joe" pulled almost all his stuff out of there but between john and all his mv friends they have done a really nice job of restocking the museum with all Privately own mv's. And it's still open to weds threw fridays to the public.

The v-100s on the fence are a ask john question on that subject and if your trying to get a hold of john his cell numbers the best way to catch him. The museum message machine sucks.

john's call sign on here is jkrieg.

Last edited:

Tweeter166

Banned
Yes the owner of the museum "joe" pulled almost all his stuff out of there but between john and all his mv friends they have done a really nice job of restocking the museum with all Privately own mv's. And it's still open to weds threw fridays to the public.

The v-100s on the fence are a ask john question on that subject and if your trying to get a hold of john his cell numbers the best way to catch him. The museum message machine sucks.

john's call sign on here is jkrieg.

Whats Johns cell number?

rwbrown72

If anyone goes by gimp's house would you please bring my Mkt roof jack! Thanks! Almost finished packing. Going to the store in the morning for food and ice then hitting the road at about noon. See y'all there! :)

indy4x4fab

Banned
It runs & drives, but no plates!
It shouldn't be a big deal not having plates on it for the show as long as its registered and its towed not driven in as for the convey ride I highly doubt the police will be checking for tags. Just tow bar her there and we can go from there, the dmv is open on saturday and its only three or four miles down the road. you could come out tonight get up early go get your plates or tags then, heck they mail you the plates any ways now a days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks