• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2013 Annual TX MV Rally

Barrman

We got Colton's track meet schedule yesterday. He has a meet the Friday night of the Rally. Looks like we will be showing up late instead of during the evening daylight.

CHoW

Timing is everything. I'll be there after I finish up in College Station helping my nephew. Guess I'll bring a 1009 and trailer, it'll do double duty to move some of his stuff and then go to the swap meet on Friday night.

leeh725

I plan on attending and will rolling up in an '86 M1028 SECM. A friend of mine will be coming with me with his M1008, along with another friend of mine from Galveston with another M1008. The swap meet sounds like fun, along with milling through all the things that feed my green sickness. I have not scrolled through to see to whom and where we need to send money. There may be one travel trailer in the group. However, two of us will be staying off site, in Brenham. Someone please let us know where we need to send a check and for how much.

nofearnohope

TxFireDeuce, We will be leaving the off road ranch about 8:30AM Sat to convoy to the museum. If you are wanting to ride with one of us, be sure to be there before this time. We will then leave the museum to come back to the off road ranch about 2:00PM. I am certain some of our members are going to want to stay longer at the museum to watch the WWII reenactment. When we get back to the ranch, there are no set plans. Some people will want to take their trucks out on the trails. Some will just mingle. Some will work on their vehicles.
leeh725, you don't need to send any money. I have arranged it with the owner of the property that we only pay for who shows up. $15/night per family.

bulldawg

I have it marked on my schedule. It will be nice to off-road with some real trucks instead of the little Jeeps.

Please tho, don't run over my "little" Pinzgauer. LOL

I am planning on coming up on Sat morning and leaving on Sunday.

TXFirefighter

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm real new here and would love to come meet and visit with everyone. I have an M715 I saved after a fire department was done with it but, its far from even starting much less being roadworthy!
I will try to attend the open house and swap meet but my son is due home from the Navy and we already have plans for a "Welcome Home" party for him that Saturday. Now, we find out the Navy might not have him processed out by then so, its hurry up and wait!
I am looking for a M715 tailgate and maybe a complete cab with front fenders as this FD salvaged truck is pretty rusty.

If I make it, I'll wear a Conroe FD tee shirt so say hi and I'll sure be glad to meet you!

OL AG '89

WOW! Time flies when work consumes your world...

I haven't done anything to the M1009's other than keep fuel in them and air in the tires......
i may show up with them on trailer, or just drive the mostly finished one..... I'll have to put boom box in so I can have tunes to drowned out the road noise.

anjay22

Well fellas,

A little more than a week will be the rally! Hooray! Question for those deuce owners that may have spare parts. I am in need of an exhaust elbow that comes off the turbo to the stack. Its a really short part of the exhaust. Anyone have one they want to get rid of for a fair price? Mine has so many holes in it I have exhaust pouring into my cab.

Thank you and see you at the rally,
John :grin:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks