• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2013 Haspin Discussion Thread

gungearz

I knew you were missing something........I just wasn't going to tell anybody else............BUT since you said it.........YES you ARE missing something:naner:
Mmmmm.... I can see that. Parts recovery, sworn statements, keeping the true colors of the steel soldiers brotherhood of courtesy, helping and honesty... I must have been sleeping again. How could I be of any assistance...?

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The reason for the separate thread is cause of all the BS on this one was clouding the parts..........the other thread is STRICTLY for PARTS......NO BS so as to not clutter it up.....makes it easy to find what someone is listing to bring down.
The parts list was moved to the correct thread to keep this thread from getting cluttered...

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
clutter clutter clutter clutter clutter clutter clutter clutter clutter clutter clutter clutter clutter clutter clutter clutter clutter clutter clutter clutter clutter clutter clutter clutter clutter clutter clutter clutter clutter clutter clutter clutter clutter clutter clutter

Lol! Seriously, I need to get moving on the engine swap in the M109. Going to pickup the LDS next Sat, so I need to pull the current engine this weekend or next week after work.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you pulling it as a power pack or separating and taking it out that way? Gimpy and I did the power pack removal. Faster but we put the engine back in by itself. Transmission install took longer than pulling and installing everything. Just not our day....

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, the transfer needs to be replaced as well, been popping out of high for 3 or 4 years now. I have another transmission and NOS transfer to go in. I need to reuse the bellhousing on the LDT though, so I'll have to break the transmission and engine apart when it comes out anyway. I just hope the clutch is ok, I don't have a spare one handy. I also wanted to install the backup light switch upgrade to the transmission I have out already, but not sure I can get it in time.

gungearz

Is anybody ready yet...? This might be the most memorable haspin rally yet. Hey sparky, did you ever figure anything out on the port-a-john...? My girls were just asking as we were having our monthly haspin meeting...

212sparky

No not yet. I was in get ready for Florida mode. Now that I am back I am in Work like crazy and get ready for haspin and fix my truck.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Long Easy is basically ready to go- just check the fluids, kick the tires, add two batteries, and away we go. If I have time, I will do the dual feed mod, but I don't think it will happen this trip.
The M37 is another story- It needs a steam bath, and then a complete brake job- lines, shoes. I also need to wire the brake lights, and I really need to pull the axles down and check the bearings and seals.
Only 5 weeks to go....

sirmrtow

well as luck would have it after watching on the sidelines for many years and me getting my first mva 1008 i am going to make haspin this yearto try my truck out offroad
hope to see and meet new friends there

212sparky

Another cucv. I think they are going to rise up and go against the big trucks. Is Seven going to be back from his tour to join us?

Durango_USMC

Well Sparky, dont count on my CUCV rising up anytime soon lol. But looks like Im doing an alternator rebuild on Tuesday. Maybe Ill get lucky and itll solve the electrical issue.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks