• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2013 Haspin Discussion Thread

Matt1970M35A

Iv got so much to do I dont know were to start. Im Installing a 2 meter radio in my dads truck and going over it. All new fluids needed check out whats making the noise in the transmission. Ive not even started on my truck. And the water Buffalo is missing a wheel yet. Also Ive not worked on a water heater yet.
Once I get started look out Ill be ready In a few day if I dont run in to any big problems.
I may just work on the water heater at haspin Im thinking of just using my coolant heater (new Never Used) as a on demand heater. Any thoughts on the water heater?

Matt1970M35A

I think it will be easy. But I have never had this heater running so it may not work. I picked up a fuel pump and hose today and Im using a empty MEK can as a fuel tank. Just need to put all the parts tougher. This will be my weekend project if its raining. I still have the 3500 watt element in the water tank as a backup.

Durango_USMC

Managed to crack the Gen 2 alternator during a rebuild.... So just ordered a replacement. Off to inspect the vacuum lines on the transmission... and maybe I'll find some good news and just have to replace that short little vacuum hose to get the transmission to work right.

Durango_USMC

Matt,

Nope. New alternator should be here tomorrow and hopefully it wont be defective. After that all I need to do is finish off the king pins, fix the transmission, I think I can live with the oil leak for the moment. Clean and lube it all and hopefully thatll do it.

gungearz

I know you were but seriously... These girls are talkin' some crazy shiznit. A ralley cake to feed 80 people. I had to shut it down for something more transport friendly...

augiedoggy

I think you just can't go wrong with cookies. You can clamp one in your mouth while ccranking the steering
wheel on your deuce to avoid that huge water filled mud hole!
Seriously though, anything Lindsay wants to make will be scrumptious!
:naner:

eagle4g63

Things are looking up for my truck[thumbzup].........I got the head gaskets on route for the LDS and also got the trailer modified and bracketed today, just need to finish welding everything up and Monday set the motor in........OH for those not in the know of my mad/sick idea that George helped me with..........I am in the process of making what I am calling my.....M.E.S 105.....Mobile Engine Stand 105:beer:

It is a engine stand that will hold a multi motor with or without the trans and be able to rebuild the motor without any worries and also hook everything back up(radiator, starter, and fuel) and fire it up and make any adjustments before installing it in the truck.......way more room and easy........plus as a bonus I can use it to either pick up motors or deliver one I have rebuilt, and let the customer hear it run.......it will bolt in using all the factory motor mounts.

I know........where are the pics???? well didn't get any today but will have some by Monday evening when I get the motor placed!!

HASPIN HERE I COME:tank:

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, besides the mounting bolts and a couple of other small things, the LDT and trans is ready to fly from the M109, and I went and helped AMGeneral pull my LDS and it is home, so I think I might have it done by Haspin after all.