• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2013 Haspin Discussion Thread

Durango_USMC

Oh Gen 2 light... why wont you work...

Lidsay, Im good with cookies. Depending what day I come down (and if the truck i going) my significant other may be bringing some cupcakes or brownies.

gungearz

To all my steel soldier brothers and sisters...

Tell the wife, girlfriend, mother or to yourself:

Happy Mothers Day !!!

From Bobby (Gungearz)

Last edited:

gungearz

What issues is he having now?
Until everything is finalized and the block is put together and up to par... Everything is an issue. I think he was doing the motor swap before we get there to just be able to keep up with me...lol. Until he gets his 11's.... And that's when ill be dropping in my LDS to equal it out... Hey, tell Lindsay that the girls are going to make 100 to 150 frosting on the side cupcakes instead of the rally cake..

gungearz

What issues is he having now?
Until everything is finalized and the block is put together and up to par... Everything is an issue. I think he was doing the motor swap before we get there to just be able to keep up with me...lol. Until he gets his 11's.... And that's when ill be dropping in my LDS to equal it out... Hey, tell Lindsay that the girls are going to make 100 to 150 frosting on the side cupcakes instead of the rally cake..

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
LDT is out on the ground with the transmission.

LDS is sitting next to it. As long as I don't wind up doing a frame off resto because I keep seeing things that need attention or replacement, I will get the M109 back together again for Haspin!

augiedoggy

LDT is out on the ground with the transmission.

LDS is sitting next to it. As long as I don't wind up doing a frame off resto because I keep seeing things that need attention or replacement, I will get the M109 back together again for Haspin!
Best of luck getting her (Bella?) back together for the rally, since that is your home away from home!
I wouldn't want you to join us lowly tent dwellers.

Durango_USMC

gungearz,

Depending on if my better half goes I may have a couple extra folding chairs so long as they dont walk off I'm happy to let someone borrow them.

sirmrtow,

Good to know, I'm not sure when I'll be heading down, friday or saturday. But I figured maybe we can get a small convoy going from Indy. If I'm in the M1008 It'd be good to be with a few others going about the same speed. Plus I dont fully trust my transmission at the moment.

gungearz

I don't think I can get chairs but I might be able to get a couple of those 8' folding tables... If we need them. I know its always good to have extras but since I'm limited on space... If thier not absolutely needed, then I won't try to get them...

Durango_USMC

*Too many thread windows up so I made a post in the wrong spot... Still working on the M1008, may be getting a M1101 (or possibly a M101A2) to go with it but we shall see.

Last edited:

gungearz

Bikes are tuned and up to par, cb and dual firestick setup are installed waiting to be tuned, all the zerks I found greased, personal gear is 85% gathered, just need the odds and ends... Ordered oil filters to complete the PM on the truck, headlights swapped, insurance paid, tags are still good til Oct... Lugs are tightened, tire pressure good, roadside tools and equipment accounted for (including inner tube patches, flares, and triangles),

Still need to grab a fire extinguisher or two, drill holes in the bed rails for the tie down anchors, stich a couple of zippers on the tarp and call it a day....

So......., with 29 days left till the rally begins. How does everyone stand....?

Durango_USMC

Need to test drive to check vacuum line replacement
Gen 2 issue is still bugging me but not a huge issue (someone will have slave cables right?)
King pin repair should start tomorrow God willing I will do it right the first time
Still have to order and install a civi trailer hitch
Zerks get grease gunned tomorrow
Personal gear is scattered but easy to find
Need to rig up a new fire extinguisher mount
Roadside gear is good to go
ATV is ready and waiting
Fuel cans need to get filled up
Camo netting and poles are ready
headlight issue is somewhat solved
I have extra oil for the oil leak :(

Matt1970M35A

PM s near completion on M813. Working on radio gear.
All PM s need to be done on the M35. I did install LED head lights. :)
S280 Is ready. Top secret mods complete.
Water buffalo still needs PM s and a wheel remounted.
Kubota Rtv just need a Quick going over.
I would say Im 20% ready.