• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2013 Haspin Discussion Thread

212sparky

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh, so THATS what a pickle fork is for! And here I always wondered, "how the heck do you get a pickle out of a jar, and eat it, with THAT?"

Uh, well, if you can get your mouth around it, then by all means. Just let me sell tickets first.

Durango_USMC

Sawzall, a 19mm socket, and a breaker bar.... Its out, took 2 minutes, new stabilizer is in. Now I just need to rebuild the rest of the axle. Probably shouldn't use the sawzall for that too.

Durango_USMC

Guys... This is Haspin... not Tijuana. Stay classy. Although there was something about gimpy and a possum in the conversations section a while back. Anyways, I'm just glad to be one step closer to getting the M1008 back on the road.

jdknech

hey durango_USMC, have you looked into a haynes manual for your M1008? (same as a K30) it might help you with your axle rebuild.. I find it easier to understand then a TM.. and just a bit of advise, I wouldn't use autozone parts (I dont know if you are or not, just had MAJOR problems with AZ) i had fitment issues with store brand parts on my CUCV, i found that "MOOG" brand parts fit with no issues, and has a lifetime warranty (at O'reilly auto parts anyways) if you get all the parts, it should be no problem knocking it all out in a afternoon.. let me know if i can be of any help..

Durango_USMC

JD,

Thanks for the tip, I'll have to look into them I try not to use autozone when I can, they have all sorts of issues (NEVER EVER BUY A SENSOR THERE). But I'll try to find the haynes manual. The TM's have me jumping back and forth between the -20 and -34. All the parts I'm using for the king pin rebuild are from Off Road Design and seem to be OEM over run for the most part. I just need a couple more tools, a haynes manual, and some courage to dive into the project. Remember it took me a week to figure out the steering stabilizer and thats a 15 minute repair... so an afternoon unsupervised may be a little optimistic. But I may be taking you up on that offer for help.

jdknech

JD,

I try not to use autozone when I can, they have all sorts of issues :roll:(NEVER EVER BUY A SENSOR THERE):deadhorse:lol

I just need a couple more tools, a haynes manual,

But I may be taking you up on that offer for help.
the tools can be rented (with a full refund when taken back) from oreillys, and the manual can be found there too.. just let me know on the help..

Durango_USMC

Yeah found the sensor out with the jeep... worked for about 2 days... went to the dealership for OEM fixed the issue. Anyways... I think the tool is $20 from napa, its the socket looking thing used for taking apart the hubs and reassembling them to the proper torque. As for the help, depends how often you're in Indy but I would be very apreciative.

Tplane37

A pickle fork tends to tear the rubber boots on ball joints and tie rod ends. And never smack the threaded end of either if you plan on reusing them unless you thread the nut back on by hand to break it loose... You risk distorting the threads.

I usually pull the nut off and smack the side of the spindle where the tie rod end attaches with a 3 lb hammer to shock it loose. But that rarely works on ball joints, so if you're pulling the spindle, I'd use the pickle fork and plan on new ball joints, even if they are good now.

eagle4g63

I've still got to get my LDS rebuilt and installed.......my motor is in need of more than just head gaskets like I thought:-x.....I have major power loss and blowby.....ie needs new pistons and rings.........so no sense rebuilding a LDT when I have a LDS I can use.......:cookoo:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks