• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2014 haspin info thread, June 11-15th

maduece312

I will be there,I will bring the New Flyer d40lf;its what im riding the next 2 years
Well boys and girls, Bill and I have counted less than 20 confirmed people for the rally dinners... and with the lack of enthusiasm this year, it seems like it's going to be a small rally. The inside of making food for 50+ people takes tons of planning and preparation, weeks in advance in which we have decided to stand down from making the dinner because there is not enough people and it would not be worth it in time and preparations for us... we hope you can understand why we came this conclusion with 28 days days left for the rally.... we apologize in advance... Thank you all....

Vondy

Unfortunatly its looking like I will not be there for this one. I only get 1 weekend a month off now and I had to take it for an out of town baseball tourney. If at all possible I may try and head out saturday night and sunday but not sure.

DJones

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Unfortunatly its looking like I will not be there for this one. I only get 1 weekend a month off now and I had to take it for an out of town baseball tourney. If at all possible I may try and head out saturday night and sunday but not sure.
Definitely try to make it Saturday night.

BSutter

Good to hear from you Vondy.
Take care.

That is all.

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well boys and girls, Bill and I have counted less than 20 confirmed people for the rally dinners... and with the lack of enthusiasm this year, it seems like it's going to be a small rally. The inside of making food for 50+ people takes tons of planning and preparation, weeks in advance in which we have decided to stand down from making the dinner because there is not enough people and it would not be worth it in time and preparations for us... we hope you can understand why we came this conclusion with 28 days days left for the rally.... we apologize in advance... Thank you all....
Bobby,

I hope you guys will reconsider. I know for one, I was looking forward to having the chow service on-site. I think you are underestimating the attendance and participation. There are lots of guys that are very quiet on here, but are rock-solid members. Take for example, Stan from St. Louis. You'll rarely hear a peep from him, but I can guarantee he will be there. He has probably been to as many as I have (8 ) - which is all of them since 2006.

I know that makes it difficult for you to plan. I understand that. You want to know how many plates you need and how much bread, etc. . . . I sympathize because I like things organized that way also. The trouble is that it is hard to get that organization on an event like this. You won’t be able to please everyone, but that’s ok. I say make a bunch of food and make it first come /first served.

I am sending you a pm with an idea. Let me know what you think.

Last edited:

LindsayMaeK

Ok all, since Vondy cannot do the shirts this year I have found a place that is able to. Same rules that Vondy had. Basically we will have the design in black ink and you can pick whichever color you would like the shirt to be. Please PM me with your orders.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My crew will be there as always, with possible new faces. We will be doing our own food, but hope it works out for others to have a big dinner.

gungearz

Bobby,

I hope you guys will reconsider. I know for one, I was looking forward to having the chow service on-site. I think you are underestimating the attendance and participation. There are lots of guys that are very quiet on here, but are rock-solid members. Take for example, Stan from St. Louis. You'll rarely hear a peep from him, but I can guarantee he will be there. He has probably been to as many as I have (8 ) - which is all of them since 2006.

I know that makes it difficult for you to plan. I understand that. You want to know how many plates you need and how much bread, etc. . . . I sympathize because I like things organized that way also. The trouble is that it is hard to get that organization on an event like this. You won’t be able to please everyone, but that’s ok. I say make a bunch of food and make it first come /first served.

I am sending you a pm with an idea. Let me know what you think.
Thanks for the uplift in spirit Jeff....

I appreciate the offer and will consider it but I will need to get back to you because Bill and I have started to make further arrangements for food at our campsite and started to plan activities due to the extra time that opened up...

As you would know first hand how much time goes into feeding everyone and clean up, it gets alittle exhausting....

I do understand the quietness of the group and it is frustrating not knowing how much to do....

I will have a definite answer by tonight and will let everyone know later or in the am tomorrow....

Thank you again, Bobby...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks