• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2014 haspin info thread, June 11-15th

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
20140611_063158.jpgRolling out from our stop North of Knoxville. Good thing we brought our fuel power has been out since 8 last night in the whole area. Should reach Haspin around 2pm.

Shrapnel

Just a Hoosier stuck out west!
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll be underway in the morning (sometime) and should arrive in the early afternoon. Anybody know if US 52 is clear from Indy to Laurel? I think that's the way I'm going to go.

DJones

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cory what time are you headed out? I am leaving New Palestine on US 52 at 09:00 and meeting up with another SS member just east of there in Morristown then heading on to Haspin.
I'll be underway in the morning (sometime) and should arrive in the early afternoon. Anybody know if US 52 is clear from Indy to Laurel? I think that's the way I'm going to go.

INcountryboy

There is construction in Rushville, but you can get around it via some city streets. 52 is closed right by where the old Chrysler dealership was. You'll probably have to cut down to 44. I'm going to try and make it down to Haspin sometime Friday evening.

Shrapnel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cory what time are you headed out? I am leaving New Palestine on US 52 at 09:00 and meeting up with another SS member just east of there in Morristown then heading on to Haspin.
I'm picking up a Uhaul car trailer at 8am and I will leave whenever I am done loading and securing my little 4x4 and other not-ready-for-Haspin stuff (and saying goodbye to the kids). It will probably be after you're already on your way.

Last two trips to Haspin I went down I-74 to 244 and then east to 52. Is 52 open south of there? I was hoping to avoid that much interstate travel.

Shrapnel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like the detour is to take Highway 3 from Rushville down to 244, then back over to 52. So, I'm thinking I may just go the I-74 route (or something).