• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 Ton HET

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will have to install an early warning system for swift trucks.

I'm thinking my bed space with the tractor might get limited.I will have 10 feet after the picker goes on to work with and I was thinking it would be nice to build a camper out of a 10ft sea can. I could overhang it a couple feet and have a club cab for a boot room.
Or keep it running at night.

61sleepercab

I consider Het1070 cabs as stub nosed COE style trucks because of the short nose and the tunnel in the cab. With HET nose there is not much hood to see. I get from your comment you are using the 5 ton tilt nose and a HET 1070 cab as a kind of crew cab. Are we now on the same page?

Carlstealth

Yup I understand your point of view now. I never saw the HET as a COE before but now I do. I like the wind-shield configuration with the visor.I don't have a lot of room for a full crew cab so it will be a day cab with maybe a narrow bed and a small bench seat that can fold up so the front seat can slide back for leg room.My Buddy is building a Femmitt so I have to come up with a different plan and this works better for my purposes.

I consider Het1070 cabs as stub nosed COE style trucks because of the short nose and the tunnel in the cab. With HET nose there is not much hood to see. I get from your comment you are using the 5 ton tilt nose and a HET 1070 cab as a kind of crew cab. Are we now on the same page?

Carlstealth

Everything will be water cut and formed and will all be on auto cad except the hand built areas like the floor structure bunk area.Have to finish up a tow truck deck then it starts.

Make some Blueprints or at least keep track of the dimensions you come up with.. It looks like it will be good looking truck.

Tornadogt

From what it looks like to me is they used the original doors, door hinges and latches. then added there door skin to the outside... they made it pretty simple by making the windows fixed (will not roll down). Even with AC that would drive me nuts. How are you going to order from drive through at Jack in the Box.???? You could still use the doors and just make your own outer skins and better sealing moveable windows... maybe even Slider style windows like a RV or Boat?

A set of these mirrors would look pretty good..

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...-large-Vehicle-Mirrors-w-bracket-and-hardware

Last edited:

Csm Davis

I scaled the cab using the tyres as reference though it looks like the HET cab is a little small (didn't shorten the sleeper either).... and no, I didn't find a RHD HET... Had to flip it to match the 5 ton.
Dang it Zebedee now I want that cab on my monster wrecker! Oh by the way guys the 102" cab will look fine over hemmet wheels and tires.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks