• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 Ton HET

Carlstealth

The door frame??? looks like you have a good plan on that... some finished doors off something else?
The door frames are a great idea I think but man what a job to remove them and pretty much wrecks the Pete cab doing so.I later found out you can buy them for $600.00 each new.I parted out the Pete so the door frames and doors ended up being free.

Carlstealth

Anyone have a good idea what seats would be nice in here.Thinking I want air ride.Also what would be a good aux heater system or would a combo ac/heat system be available. One last question what would be a good wiper system to install preferably 24v.

Carlstealth

5 ton visor 1.jpg5 ton visor fab.jpg5 ton cab skinning.jpg5 ton pasenger side door frame fit.jpg5 ton drivers side 1.jpg5 ton pasenge side 2.jpg5 ton drivers door skirt.jpg5 ton drivers door.jpg5 ton drivers side air relief.jpg5 ton pasengers side exhaust relief.jpgpasenger side door fit 2.jpg5 ton pasenger side skirt.jpg5 ton door.jpg Making lots of progress. All the inner skeleton built and welded out.Outer skins on and ready for window openings.Welding outer skins in place.Installed a recess for the exhaust stack and air intake piping. 5 ton pasenger side shot.jpg

Csm Davis

Anyone have a good idea what seats would be nice in here.Thinking I want air ride.Also what would be a good aux heater system or would a combo ac/heat system be available. One last question what would be a good wiper system to install preferably 24v.
As for wipers I like the M35A3 kits simple to modify to fit and should be able to get parts for a good long while, it uses the humvee motor.

m715mike

Wow! I just clicked on this thread for the first time and read it cover to cover. I'm hooked!

You have an awesome build in progress. Keep up the great work!

Carlstealth

army truck 29.jpgarmy truck 28.jpgarmy truck 41.jpgarmy truck 27.jpgarmy truck 34.jpgDecided to one up my modern 24v alternator upgrade to a tandem system for 12v. one battery alternator and fuse box for 12v and one alternator and 2 batteries for the original truck system.I decided this was my the best way to run 12v accessories also relocated the batteries to the tool box instead of under the passenger seat.With my new extended cab there will be room for tools under the rear bunk/seat once I get the seats positioned.

Carlstealth

army truck 40.jpgarmy truck 31.jpgarmy truck 30.jpgarmy truck 43.jpgarmy truck 39.jpgArmy truck 26.jpgarmy truck 32.jpgBusy days off from my regular job.With a lot of help got the cab and picker all blasted off. We installed the spare tire and tow bar on the roof. Got the cab primed with Endura inside and out and then got the Olive drab on all the new stuff.Next days off paint all the accessories and install them then paint the camo colors and get windows installed and doors.

Attachments

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Carl - what's with the banjo hole in the cab cill?... or did I miss something in an earlier post....

xxx.jpg

Was it for lifting the cab into place?
Securing antiglare scrim over windscreen?
For friends to chain door when you are sleeping inside?

Carlstealth

Hey Carl - what's with the banjo hole in the cab cill?... or did I miss something in an earlier post....

View attachment 617226

Was it for lifting the cab into place?
Securing antiglare scrim over windscreen?
For friends to chain door when you are sleeping inside?
That's funny :-D actually its none of those things nor is it an old style key hole for the door lock. It's the marker light hole.I scored some OEM marker lights.

Carlstealth

20160430_132603_resized.jpg20160430_125614_resized.jpg20160430_132448_resized.jpg20160430_132500_resized.jpg20160430_125603_resized.jpg20160430_125634_resized.jpg20160430_132538_resized.jpg20160430_133059_resized.jpg20160430_133129_resized.jpg20160430_133150_resized (1).jpg20160430_141319_resized.jpg20160501_112918_resized.jpg20160501_125138_resized.jpg20160430_130204_resized.jpgHere are some current photos.I have been putting in lots of hours wiring,painting,assembling,aligning etc. Things are coming together well though.Door frames to paint and install,doors,insulate and interior cladding in aluminum checker plate.Radios to install,seats and glass. Hopefully get the fall season of tree planting and maybe some hot tub installs. getting 4 boom extensions as well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks