• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 Tons under a deuce

USMC6062

Well it's supposed to be my mud truck, but I'll see what happens when it's done. Of course if someone wants it bad enough I might sell it, but they are gonna have to want it pretty bad. $$$$$

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
Awsome work, can't wait to see it with bigger tires on it, right now it looks like a monster truck when they have the little tractor tires on for transportation. what size tires you going with anyway?

mudguppy

that thing has a really nice stance to it. [thumbzup]

dang it!!! i just realized you're in J-town - i was just down there all this week... aua

btw - how do you like your brakes; have you been able to test them much yet? ready for that write-up and have more thoughts on 'kitting' it yet?

USMC6062

The brakes seem to be working good. They worked real good with the 11.00/20's on it, but I knew adding 2,000 pounds of rolling weight was gonna have some affect, but they still work very well. I think if I stood on them hard enough I could get all four tires to slide. They may improve once they break in, I put about 20 miles on it today, but not much stopping. Here are a couple pics for size comparison. Oh, and as far as making brake kits, they will have to be in the future sometime. I'm about to start work with the fire department here in Jax, and the first year I will be busy studying. But, after I get settled in, I'll probably build a kit and see how well it sells, then go from there.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks