• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A quiet deuce?

Farmun

I always thought you needed to keep the exhaust pipes the same diameter as the exit from the manifold (or pretty close) to prevent too much backpressure. But I don't know if backpressure is an issue on the multifuel (I guess you still have one) and/or turbo on these beasts.

But if it works, go fer it !! :-D

Farmun

Cool! Optical illusion can have a way of not being very illuminating. It just looked small in comparison to the tires, etc. If it makes the ride more pleasurable, then I'm all for it!!! :-D

tamangel

my only suggestion would be a down spout and a slightly shorter pipe so as not to blow straight out into traffic..

Mike

Last edited:

tamangel

I see alot of folks blowing smoke on this forum..all I'm saying is that its a simple fix to show concern for others...

Mike

“Even as wisdom often comes from the mouths of babes, so does it often come from the mouths of old people. The golden rule is to test everything in the light of reason and experience, no matter from where it comes.”
Mohandas Gandhi

Attachments

Last edited:

orren

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why?????

Quiet duece is an oxymoron:

That big pipe in the air is what it's all about. No appreciation for the greater things in life it looks like to me.

Besides wait until you go offroad in a nasty place and you can kiss that undercarriage pipe goodby.

There's a lot of ways to quiet her down for those in the cab. Look on forum for ideas. Among other things I used a lot of Lucas in all the gear boxes and that made a great difference.

For me a muffler would be too extreme but if you must do it so be it. I turned the pipe a little more forward instead.

C'mon I have big tires, isn't that annoying enough?
There is no "undercarriage pipe" so to speak of, the lowest the pipe ever gets is 7 inches above the battery box and fuel tank. It really is tucked up out of the picture. If I bend or hit the tail pipe then I will shorten it as necessary. It's only quiet in the cab. It's still plenty loud outside for your listening pleasure. I found the pictures of when I did it. I'll post them tonight.

tm america

nice mod just remember not to shut the motor off in deep water now cuz it will such water in the tail pipe nowi bet that helped you with tire clearance issues to .:-D

found some pictures, here they are...

Attachments

badgmc56

I was in a parade this fall behind a deuce with a exaust that exited out the back and all I can say is I will pull out of the parade before I do that again. Don't mind a little smoke but not in my face.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks