• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A quiet deuce?

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The early multis (427's) had the exhaust out the back that came out between the wheels. Some had fording kits that put the exhaust straight up beside the bed with a flapper on top, so it is easily do-able. You could have probably saved alot of fabrication if you ordered a 427 exhaust pipe and bent the back as needed.:wink:

armadillofz1

Did anybody that put a muffler on the 'stack' really happy with the result?
I am. i just did it a few days ago. i haul my daughter in it from time to time so the muffler was nessessary. it looks fine, was cheap to do. i even put a flapper up there so i don't have to use a plastic bottle when it rains.

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I almost said that at the end of my reply "...unless you want to blow your smoke into a families window and make a great impression for the hobby.."

Mike
You can always lift your right foot if you don't want to smoke a family.

However, one of my most satisfying moments of owning a diesel was when a rice car with a thumping stereo pulled up next to me at a stop light and stopped in just the right spot. Something about seeing all that black diesel stink blowing out the passenger window of a Honda makes you feel good. :mrgreen:

I am. i just did it a few days ago. i haul my daughter in it from time to time so the muffler was nessessary. it looks fine, was cheap to do. i even put a flapper up there so i don't have to use a plastic bottle when it rains.
It is real easy to slip on a muffler. I tried one`and it did take the bark out of the exhaust tone but the loud rumble is still right there in your face. It is a lot of work to plumb the exhaust out the back but it sure is nice. I can drive around with my passenger window down and I don't hear the exhaust at all.

tm america

did you notice any power loose with this mod ?you could make a kit that fit a stock deuce and could be cut dowm for a bobber and i bet alot of guys would be interested

tm america

the bends do come to mind. i was also wondering with a longer pipe if it would effect flow to but i guess it is a bobbed truck and doesnt have that far to go

jrobinson5093

I was gonna do some thing like this to my deuce. I was gonna run four or five inch all the way back and run dual five inch tips out at a 45 behind the rear tires. Not really for noise reduction but i just thought it would look cool. but I put 6 inch stacks behind the cab. it is way louder, I am gonna put some turn outs hopefully it will help out.

JOEDEUCE

I followed SS member "sewerzuk" (not certain if I spelled that right). He did a write up alon his truck and all the mods.... I think page 11 has the muffler he used . I used the same muffler, and made my stack a fuzz taller and added a raincap. Its usable without wearing hearing protection .... its still loud, just not deafening, I like it. Made the exhaust tone deeper and you can still hear the turbo

Awesome Possum

The only time I ever got a tickeet was in Psychotic Reaction when I routed the exhaust out the wheel well (gun truck style) and a cop on a bike too GREAT exception to historical accuracy. Had to put it back to stock or pay the ticket again and again. Nice looking job though, just watch out for cops on bikes!

Loco_Hosa

The only time I ever got a tickeet was in Psychotic Reaction when I routed the exhaust out the wheel well (gun truck style) and a cop on a bike too GREAT exception to historical accuracy. Had to put it back to stock or pay the ticket again and again. Nice looking job though, just watch out for cops on bikes!
Wait, he was unhappy because of the fact your truck was not historically accurate?

God Im glad he aint in Wa. I would be broke :p

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks