• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A Rising Phoenix: Proposed Re-Purpose

Droppedadeuce

I built a mini crane for my pickup, sits in the passenger tail corner of the bed, 3"x18" piston, 5'-8' extension. Harbor freight 2,000 pound winch line doubled with a snatch block. I picked up an 1800 lb surface grinder and placed it in the bed, no out riggers at all on a Chevy 2500 hd. That said, it was definately sagging, but I don't think a deuce would even give 2,000 lbs a second glance.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I built a mini crane for my pickup, sits in the passenger tail corner of the bed, 3"x18" piston, 5'-8' extension. Harbor freight 2,000 pound winch line doubled with a snatch block. I picked up an 1800 lb surface grinder and placed it in the bed, no out riggers at all on a Chevy 2500 hd. That said, it was definately sagging, but I don't think a deuce would even give 2,000 lbs a second glance.
nopics

P L E A S E ???​

Another Ahab

I agree, I would love to see cranes that others built. I thought I was the only one!
Agreed. They can be mighty handy (and they don't have to be large):

- Nice post in a recent thread showed what I think was a Northern Tool & Equipment crane mounted in a Deuce bed.

Might be time to start a new thread: "Show Us Your Crane Mount"

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Super looking truck Ahab! I sure could of used a truck like the one you have before I retired.

Really wish you the best of luck on this endeavor...

Regards,
Gordon

Another Ahab

I really didn't want to hijack his thread, I build all sorts of stuff, cranes, dump beds, 44' trailers, race cars. I don't know where an appropriate place to post crane pictures, etc on here. I'm new here!
No worries, post them here or start a new thread. Its all good.
Not a problem here at all. Like gimpyrobb says, it's all good.

And welcome droppedadeuce; glad you're here!

R Racing

Layoff; economy inching along; bills to pay; time to put new legs on an old plan/ dream:

* Re-purpose a deuce, and start my own small business

* Still a work in process (Tab A goes in Slot B), and the "money shot" (for my advertising) will follow later.

We'll see how it all shakes out. Keep you posted.

View attachment 475415View attachment 475416
This truck is currently for sale in Huntingtown MD I drive past it a few times a week.

Another Ahab

Super looking truck Ahab! I sure could of used a truck like the one you have before I retired.

Really wish you the best of luck on this endeavor...

Regards,
Gordon
This truck is currently for sale in Huntingtown MD I drive past it a few times a week.
Already working on Plan B, and I'll post that when the loose ends all come together.

Last edited:

Another Ahab

Plan B

Not a beauty shot, but shows Plan B:

- Time waits for no one.

So got to keep moving.

Can't even really see the light one-ton crane in the photo, but I'll post a beauty shot or two once I get my marketing materials together:

Isuzu.jpg

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That has to be one of the nicest looking Ice Cream trucks ever.....Nice job...A little humor helps sometimes.....Keep her rolling.

"I scream, you scream, we all scream for Ice Cream!"

Hope she does all ya ask of her and then some! Hope the glamour brings the work and the work brings the $$$

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
One of my go to songs is the Rolling Stones singing: "Time waits for no one". I'd post a link if I knew how!

Best wishes to you Captain, may the road rise up to meet you..... Your contribution to this forum is appreciated.

Rick

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
One of my go to songs is the Rolling Stones singing: "Time waits for no one". I'd post a link if I knew how!

Best wishes to you Captain, may the road rise up to meet you..... Your contribution to this forum is appreciated.

Rick
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vC0Qt1lvLq8

All you need to do to insert a YouTube video is CUT & PASTE the link into your post.

Another Ahab

Sold to a buyer in Middlefield OH:

- Don't know if he's an SS member

I'm out from under a plan that went south on me, and hope the buyer is a happy camper.

The End.

Another Ahab

Ya sold her? What ya gonna do now? Hope and pray things work out for ya!
Thank you, marchplumber; you're a good man for the words of encouragement.

Don't think I need hope and prayer right at this juncture, we'll see, but I'll sure take all the good luck you can send. Here's hoping for the best!:beer: