• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A3 Crew Cab Build Starts

ApopkaFL

Banned
Did a little more with the interior today. Just about ready to install the rear seat and sound system. For those of you don't know. This truck is bring built as a tribute to the 22 Navy Seals that lost their life on 8/06/2011. Seal Team Six Tribute!

Rodman

big block 88

I'm curous to see what you come up with. In other words hurry up I wanna see this thing. I love your interior work there I may steal some of your ideas if you don't mind.

pat038536

went down to see how things were coming on the truck. Not a lot has been done they have other stuff they need to finish. The truck is being done by a freind and he can only work on it when there is not a lot to do around his shop or when I am there, I have been real busy lest few weeks. I hope to be able to take off in a few weeks to go finish it up. They did cut the Deuce bed down to size. I am waiting on spare donor frame to do the lift with. I bought seats I am picking them up this week. Here is photo of the bed. Sorry I have not got a lot to update on I will soon.

Rodman

Question.. How much does the bed itself weigh? I'm trying to decide what I need to lift the stock bed off my Deuce... If I need to rent a forklift..etc

ApopkaFL

Banned
I am not sure I used a oak tree with a chain winch. They did not have time to work on it so I took it over on July 20th Ive been working on it every day since. Its almost complete. The top half was painted today and under the truck was painted, Will paint the rest tomorrow. Here is couple of photos of today. I taped off the bottom because I was only painting the top today I did not want to get any over spray on the bottom until I am ready to paint it tomorrow.

Rodman

Attachments

rikinwyoming

I am not sure I used a oak tree with a chain winch. They did not have time to work on it so I took it over on July 20th Ive been working on it every day since. Its almost complete. The top half was painted today and under the truck was painted, Will paint the rest tomorrow. Here is couple of photos of today. I taped off the bottom because I was only painting the top today I did not want to get any over spray on the bottom until I am ready to paint it tomorrow.

Rodman
Wow it musta taken forever to prep that for paint,,, prolly should have an investment in 3m for all the tape and paper ya needed!! LOL,,,, seriously cool job!!