• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Aberdeen 2007

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
True, the foot traffic is decent, but the spaces are small. If you're driving a duece or anything large, you need 2 spaces back to back, just to fit the vehicle and have some display area for stuff.

If MV's get in without vehicle passes, then I could live with that. I've heard that before but I didn't see it in writing. I typically buy some spaces in a block with others who are somewhat local and we don't necessarily camp there, so we need to make sure we have enough passes for each person who is represented in the block, since one person usually buys the block to be sure we're all together. It's never been a problem in the past, but I don't remember them stating the extra cost so specifically in the past either.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I combed through the website and found that spaces will be available Jan 15th after early registration. I didn't see how many people got entry passes with their spots. I would think at least 2. Now if Steel Soldiers is bidding for 20 spots and gets them, will they restrict it to only a few vehicles since they are all being reserved by one entity? In 2005 I bought 2 spots which basically amounts to 4 parking spaces in the lot. Was able to park the tractor, the M103A3 trailer and Bruce Kubu's M105 trailer. I'll be fine with the same amount of space this year. So Mike, are 2 of those spots for me or should I register by myself?

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Mike:
When will you want the money for the spaces? Also if I have two or three of my children with me will we all have to pay for passes or as someone asked, are there passed associated with each space purchaced?

Thanks for putting this all together for us.

mangus580

Let me hear back from them, as to what they can do for us. Kenny, I should hopefully have some info prior to the Jan 15th deadline.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike, that Jan 15 deadline is just for the folks trying to get their existing sopts from last year. After that its open season. Figuring we won't know until then.

TheBuggyman

Hi everyone,
I just stumbled upon this post and was wondering if it is too late to join in? I would love to run in a covoy but have no idea on the etiquette or requirements. I'm pretty much in Fredericksburg, VA right off of I-95. Can someone help me out here if it is too late to join up with SS? Can we camp on site?

Thank you in advance,
Eddie

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just paid for my spots again from last year - J/K8. Will be bringing at least one MV this year. I know my friend is all into it with his 1951 M37, I may bring along the 1967 M725 if I can get it done in time. Then again, I may bring an M880 if I can get one before the show.

mangus580

Got some news!!!

They have secured 20-25 spaces for us!

We have available to us...

Rows R & S, spaces 4 - 13

Row T, spaces 7 & 8

Row Q, Spaces 6-8

This is actually a great location, because it puts us in the middle of some of our members who already had spaces, such as Cabell, and ZiggyO.

Space Prices have gone up this year. They are $50 for the 18'x18' Spaces.

I want to get a REAL count now, of who wants how many spaces. He would like it if I can firm up our number by 8pm sunday night. Payment is due to them by March 1st, so I would like to collect the $ from our members by say Feb 20th?

The other thing I am going to attempt, is to get us a couple rooms set aside at the hotel right next door. These rooms would be basically 'Shower/Bathroom' rooms for those of us who camp.

To keep this post clean, how about everyone who wants a space email me at aberdeen@steelsoldiers.com Please use this address only for aberdeen spaces for right now.

I think we are 112 days and counting!!

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All,

FYI, the M35 W/W is basically 23 feet long. A M105 trailer is 14 feet.. A "space" at Aberdeen is 18 feet x18 feet. I'd plan on putting MV's in the red section....

mangus580

I think SS Camp Headquarters will be in Rows R & S, spaces 8 & 9. This will allow us to be central to all in the group. My intent is to have a deuce parked on each end to tie the GP Medium to. Mine can be one.... Who else will offer one up? (keep in mind, it wont be able to move easily once we setup)

mangus580

Need to bump this up again. So far I only have a couple of emails on this, (hardly any who originally posted here either!!) Remember, I need a final count by tomorrow (Sunday 1/21) at 8pm (20:00).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks