• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Aberdeen 2008

mangus580

Guys... I need to know who wants spaces for this year in the SS group!!

Really need to know by Jan 25 if possible. Preference will be given to the guys from last year first.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Me!!!

I guess I will take the same setup I had last year…although I don't know what I am taking with me…..The Deuce, the Jeep…..or maybe something else? :D

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't need any spaces because I have already reserved them, but my spaces are right in the middle of the SteelSoldiers group. I have two spaces available if anyone wants/needs them. You can have them for what I paid...$50/spot.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Mike please put me down for one space for the M1009 I will talk to the boys and ensure they know to attend since I will be in Korea. I will send you a postal money order. Please PM me your snail mail address.

Thanks for all the work you do on this great rally. If anyone has not gone try to go this year it is a fun event

Crazyguypa

Ok, I am fairly new to this whole thing and I have never been to a MV show/rally, so bear with my seemingly dumb questions. Aberdeen is less than an hour away from me so I will definetly be there. My truck might not be in pristine condition, but I'm working on it.

1. Are the spots you are referencing inside the grounds for displaying you vehicles? I assume most people coming to the event will be parked in another area.

2. The spots you are talking about, are they a given size? ie. Will one spot be enough for a Deuce (all I have at the present)?

3. How much is a spot?

4. Is it for a given day or the entire 3 day event?

5. How much space does SS have reserved already?

Like I said you can count me in. Just let me know who and how much to send the $$ to for the space.

Frank

TheBuggyman

Re: RE: Aberdeen 2008

BKubu said:
I don't need any spaces because I have already reserved them, but my spaces are right in the middle of the SteelSoldiers group. I have two spaces available if anyone wants/needs them. You can have them for what I paid...$50/spot.
Bruce,
Are the two spots end to end? Can I fit a tractor trailer in them? :wink:

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Aberdeen 2008

Eddie, one of the two spots has been sold to another SS member. Each spot actually consists of two standard parking spaces so, to answer your question, no, there is not enough room for a tractor and semi-trailer. I buy 6 spots just so I can fit my trucks in...and the little amount of stuff that I bring to sell so I can call myself a vendor (they used to be more strict about that).

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
RE: Re: RE: Aberdeen 2008

Mang, junkyard wars crusher said he sent a pm, but didn't hear back from you. Did you get it?

CGarbee

I'm thinking a bit ahead guys... ;)

I'm working on getting some trucks ready for the East Coast Convoy to the Aberdeen MV Rally in May.

Part of this process involved removing a pair of T245 (M37) engines from two trucks (one is getting a diesel conversion, the other a fresh rebuilt engine). I can haul one or both up to Aberdeen if somebody is interested in them. One runs, the other should but I have not tried to fire it up since it is getting pulled anyway...

I'll also be placing a Gillespie paint order next week and will have paint available at the show as in the past. If you have particular needs let me know soon as I'm not likely to have much extra. I will also be bringing some other parts but have not gotten around to seeing what I have in the yard that will going on the truck yet...

I also have to make a trip down to Charles Talbert's (M Series Rebuild) between now and Aberdeen to pick up a truck that he has been working on. I don't know if he has anything for sale, but if anyone is pondering making a deal with him for something, I can haul it up to the show for you... Ditto with stuff from FrankUSMC...

This all might be more appropriate under a different forum area, but since the parts/haulage offer is for the trip to Aberdeen, I thought I'd stick it here...

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If anyone needs a spot, I still have one left. My spaces are right amongst the SS crowd. In fact, everyone in my spaces is a SS member.