• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Aberdeen

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
I am in...especially since I'll be with both of your sons at the show! One thing to consider...Cabell Garbee usually has a cookout one or two nights. You may want to coordinate this with him. I just spoke with him the other night and he said he was considering BBQ ribs! Cabell is a h*** of a cook! I believe his dinner is included if you ride in the convoy. I believe there is a minimal charge of like $10 and that also gets you a convoy shirt. Dudley, PM CGARBEE.

pm was sent this morning. Thanks Bruce. With that said, we will have good dinners on 2 nights. Lets pray for weather like we had the last 2 years. Now the beer debate begins. This sometimes gets as bad as the Ford-Chevy debate. Or in our world, the Kaiser-AM General debate...

rickf

Definitely get hold of Cabell so there is not a glut of food and people lose money. I know Cabell has done this for many years. I will be there as well but you don't have to worry about me sucking up all the beer.:grin:

Rick

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hope Ian makes his jungle juice! It was interesting watching him decompose over the course of the night. :grin:

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
Ian just got a banjo. Now between than, his bag pipes, jungle juice and the hot sun on his head all day, I am looking forward that first night of serious drinking. I know my gut will ache from laughing at him and my sons. I am staying on site this year so I can drink and not worry about the ride home.

rickf

I am going to ask a question here that may not be real popular but it is something to think about. Since there is no "onsite camping" isn't there going to be a point where drunken rowdy parties are going to cause the management to put an end to the use of the venue? I like to have fun as much as anyone but there comes a point where there is too much drinking and things spiral out of control. I will be set up far from the partying I hope but if it drifts in my direction at night I will pack up and leave. I know there were a lot of people last year that were not crazy about what was going on. That is one of the reasons my wife is not coming this year. Just my 2 cents.

Rick

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have been going to Aberdeen since the late 90s. I have seen guys drinking each and every year...and often been part of it. I have never been a part of any gathering that was unusually noisy or rowdy...or did anything to bring negative attention on the group. I can't speak for everyone, but I can say that the group we hang with tends to be fairly mature. Sure, some may drink more than others...and once Ian fell down...and there was a guy called Downhill Bill (wasn't that his name?) who had a few too many...but nothing serious happened and people were respectful of others.

rideni

Certain people took a little too far last year i don't believe they will be joining us this year. I have heard no complaints from management, and i do assist with the setup and take down as well as operational needs of the rally.

CGarbee

I just sent a PM to Dudley with some thoughts... :)
The East Coast Convoy party will be on Friday night in my area as usual. I have a couple folks who want me to bring up my MKT although I am debating that still... I can do everything I really need without it (BBQ and Ribs with fixings this year, Bruce's intel is correct...), but I like having it around when I camp...

We're updating the Convoy website this weekend (work issues have a few of us running behind this year, as usual...). But, if you want to get a jump on things, go to www.eastcoastconvoy.com and sign up so we can fine tune routes if needed.

I always camp in the back of my truck (security). Thankfully, somebody has always loaned me some keys and pointed me toward their hotel room or invited me to use their onsite shower as that pavement at Ripken gets hot...

Not to Hijack the thread any more than I have already, but I will again be hosting a MV Trailride and Rally at my folk's farm in Virginia Labor Day Weekend www.. It's a 2k acre farm with the Shenendoah Park as a neighbor so we have plenty of room for folks to spread out. If we ever got banned from Aberdeen, we can start gathering at the farm in the spring.

I'm looking forward to getting out of Raleigh and seeing everyone...

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
I just sent a PM to Dudley with some thoughts... :)
The East Coast Convoy party will be on Friday night in my area as usual. I have a couple folks who want me to bring up my MKT although I am debating that still... I can do everything I really need without it (BBQ and Ribs with fixings this year, Bruce's intel is correct...), but I like having it around when I camp...

We're updating the Convoy website this weekend (work issues have a few of us running behind this year, as usual...). But, if you want to get a jump on things, go to www.eastcoastconvoy.com and sign up so we can fine tune routes if needed.

I always camp in the back of my truck (security). Thankfully, somebody has always loaned me some keys and pointed me toward their hotel room or invited me to use their onsite shower as that pavement at Ripken gets hot...

Not to Hijack the thread any more than I have already, but I will again be hosting a MV Trailride and Rally at my folk's farm in Virginia Labor Day Weekend www.. It's a 2k acre farm with the Shenendoah Park as a neighbor so we have plenty of room for folks to spread out. If we ever got banned from Aberdeen, we can start gathering at the farm in the spring.

I'm looking forward to getting out of Raleigh and seeing everyone...
I agree 100%. Our dinner will be on Thursday. I want the East Coast Convoy to get here safely, set up shop, shower and then kick back and enjoy some MD hospitality. We maybe even throw in some PA/VA hospitality as well. Steaks and chicken on the grill will be the main course along with multiple fixens. We are just 7 weeks away. Dudley

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
I am going to ask a question here that may not be real popular but it is something to think about. Since there is no "onsite camping" isn't there going to be a point where drunken rowdy parties are going to cause the management to put an end to the use of the venue? I like to have fun as much as anyone but there comes a point where there is too much drinking and things spiral out of control. I will be set up far from the partying I hope but if it drifts in my direction at night I will pack up and leave. I know there were a lot of people last year that were not crazy about what was going on. That is one of the reasons my wife is not coming this year. Just my 2 cents.

Rick
The two individuals who made fools of them selves are not welcome this year. I would rather that guys with 13000 lb trucks park them and drink, rather than drink and driving. I am not promoting a drunken brawl or a puke fest, but some people just over due it. I do not want to be around fools and do not think anyone else does. This should be a fun time and it usually is. I will maintain the peace as best I can. We gather like this once a year to eat, swap stories, look at trucks and stay up late. I want us to just have a good time and respect the wishes of the drinkers and the non-drinkers as well..

jaxsof

I wont be staying up late, but I do hope to join the crowd for a little browsing/bs-ing. Dont think Ill be able to join for dinner, but if I can help.

Ill be coming up from DC(work) after 4-ish a couple evenings, if you need any re-supply, Dudley, lemme know.

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
I wont be staying up late, but I do hope to join the crowd for a little browsing/bs-ing. Dont think Ill be able to join for dinner, but if I can help.

Ill be coming up from DC(work) after 4-ish a couple evenings, if you need any re-supply, Dudley, lemme know.

It will be good that you make it. Thanks for the re-supply, I may take you up on it. You know this is a great hobby where guys who would never meet in this life, become good friends. I have your almost new spring base we just need to find you new cushions. No better place than Aberdeen...

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
You young bucks be forewarned. There will be a zero tolerance this year to anything like last year. I now have a M109 that we will lock you up in until noon the following day. Jungle juice drinkers beware!!! Ok with that out of the way, lets have a good time. Buy lots of parts and make plenty of new and lasting friends...NO DOUBLE BATCHES OF JUNGLE JUICE

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks