• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Aberdeen

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ian, I am looking forward to seeing you and your buddy with the bagpipes again (Sean?). It will be fun!

ssdvc

Lets all dwell on food for the rest of this thread. Enough said about who likes what and doesn't like what. We will now move forward to who likes steak and who wants chicken....As to SSDVC's family needs. Vendors will start rolling in on Wed evening and into Thursday. Once that happens you can travel the aisles and make deals. There are potra pots and also the stadium is open if you hate the potra pots like I do, or you need facilities with handicap access. There is food vendors on site. Vehicles will be on display and to be judged. Everyone starts to pack up around 2-3 on Saturday. That is real deal day since you do not like having to take your treasures back home and pile them in the garage, since you bought new treasures that were meant for the garage until you get time to do the install..I hope this helps. Guys lets just dwell on making the a safe even where we cah spend time together doing what we all like to do. We wait all winter on Aberdeen knowing it is OUR big local event and the start of summer..IS IT STEAK OR CHICKEN???? That is the debate.

Thank you atankersdad . Sorry for the all the questions, but I have never been to the show and I don't want to miss the fun.

So where does one park his M1009 when he gets there? Do I need to go to the show web site and register to just park my M1009? It looks like Thursday will be when things are up and running, correct? Also, what day and time is the BBQ/cookout. Thank you for all the info.

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
We may need to hold a meeting one evening in the mess tent to see who wants to help with dinner and start the planning phase. I woke up thinging about the logistics and execution of a dinner for 30 or more and I did not go back to sleep. Frank is going to help us since he has a MKT and is parked 3 spaces up from us. I am going to reserve one spot in our block just for where we will stage the cookout. This will be covered by donations for dinner, like all other costs. I think I will start another thread to get a head count so we can see who is coming. I will title it, "Guess whos coming to dinner???"I do not want to buy more food than we need, or buy too little.

rickf

Buying too little could be dangerous!:roll: I know it has probably already been mentioned but is there a set donation price?

Rick

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
Buying too little could be dangerous!:roll: I know it has probably already been mentioned but is there a set donation price?

Rick
Not enough chow could get the cook killed!!! I think we will shoot for a $10-12 donation. It depends on how many, what we buy and the what the final total is. No one should have to fork out their own cash for this even without being paid back. I hope that we do not have to debate 2 bucks on here like every thing else. God help us if the manufacturing experts get involved and start with " Ten bucks is way too much, I could do it for 9.50 , but....!"" It will be affordabe for all. Small kids would be just a couple bucks.

rickf

I know one year there was a shortfall due to some unforeseen circumstances at one of Cabell's dinners and one of the members forked out some cash. I don't think he was going to say anything but word got out and there was an immediate collection to cover the costs. When you consider that the food is being bought, prepared and served buy other guys just like you who are taking time away from walking around and drinking, well maybe not time away from drinking, to do this then the money is very little. Go out in town or even the mess tent there and see what that gets you. What I am saying is if you have to spend out of your own pocket do NOT be afraid to stand up and mention it. I for one will have NO problem chipping in a couple more bucks.

Rick

ssdvc

I am laughing my ass off !!!!!!!!!!!!!!rofl:lol::lol::cookoo:

I was thinking that this show was in April :p:lol::lol::lol: !!!!!!!! I was just looking for some more info on the show, found the web site again and saw that this was happening in May, not April.

WOW, I feel stupid. Glad I started to read what was in front of me instead of looking at the pretty pictures !!!! I would have looked kinda dumb standing there on Thursday afternoon in mid=April, wondering what happened to everyone. DUH!

Man, I am getting old !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks