• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Allison M916 + Mk48 Cab = 6x6 "FEMTT"

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
...but I'm still trying to figure out how to change out the trans. temp. sender, at the bottom of the tranny, without loosing all the fluid....I really do not want to drain it right now.... :(
Turn the truck upside down! :mrgreen:

I need to do this as well - mine is also at the lowest point on the system.

goldneagle

Simple. (Assuming it is a a wired sensor VS fluid line) Use your thumb. Get the new sensor ready to insert (taped) and just take out the old one and put your thumb over the hole. Then just get the new sensor ready to insert and thread it on. That is how I replaced the temp sensor on my Cummins 250.

agazza2

Great progress and excellent harness extension with the use of shrink tubing. Perhaps you will do a video of the test drive for us :) Keep up the good work.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, awesome vids! Bet you are proud of that truck, you have put a lot of work into it and now that it moves (and moves well!) bet you can't wait to make it's first long journey in it!

That beast actually sounds very quiet - the second video barely records any interior noise. How does it sound from a driver's point of view?

AZDeuce

Beautiful job, beautiful truck, looks like she just came from the "factory." Hopefully she will fulfill all the tasks you have intended for her to tackle. I am humbled by your fabrication skills.

Thunderbird

Awesome! Just awesome! Beautiful fabrication and really well thought out design. Thanks so much for taking the time to share the build with us.

M920

That beast actually sounds very quiet - the second video barely records any interior noise. How does it sound from a driver's point of view?
Thanks! It is really surprisingly quit inside the cab! Even when the fan turns on it is hardly noticable. I'm very excited about that and it is nice to be able have a normal conversation with your co-driver! [thumbzup]

M920

Got the knuckle boom crane working today!

First of all, thanks everybody for all your nice compliments! Unfortunately some recent events make me question if they are truly justified.....and here is why:

After going with goldeneagle's suggestion and adding a pipe union in to my hydraulic system and taking it back apart, I discovered that I DID used pipe sealant in the joints after all, and they would have been just fine! :roll:

This all has to be related to getting older I assume.....

Anyway.....I got the hydraulic system all buttoned up again and was able to test the knuckle boom crane today.....It seems to still work as intended....

Here are some still pics from the first test drive and the crane test.....

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks