• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Allison M916 + Mk48 Cab = 6x6 "FEMTT"

Northern Mexican

Your truck looks better than factory built!
If you don't mind me asking: are you planning to do the roll over angle test in the near future or later down the line? I'm really looking forward to the pics from that, if you cant tell , lol.

Last edited:

M920

Your truck looks better than factory built!
If you don't mind me asking: are you planning to do the roll over angle test in the near future or later down the line? I'm really looking forward to the pics from that, if you cant tell , lol.
Just be patient my friend, it will not be until sometime this coming spring, for the side hill angle test.... (note that I intentionally left out the term "roll-over") lol

It would be hard to set up right now, since it is all frozen in the morning and totally muddy in the afternoon.

I will try to get a video of it when the time comes though.....:popcorn:

Soni

Ord22

Hey M920
I've admired your work and attention to detail on your projects! What did you use for paint? is it flat? Awesome job! How do you like the M1070? I really like them! Keep up the good work and keep the pics coming, Thanks.

M920

Hey M920
I've admired your work and attention to detail on your projects! What did you use for paint? is it flat? Awesome job! How do you like the M1070? I really like them! Keep up the good work and keep the pics coming, Thanks.

Thank you for the compliment. I use the RAPCO paint, the number for the 'Camouflage Sand' is 30277 (www.rapcoparts.com)
I love the M1070 HET.....IMHO it is an awesome truck!

Soni

M920

Painting the Crane.....

Today I got the knuckle boom crane all ready to paint. By the time I got all the placards and piston rods taped off, it was to late in the day to actually start painting. I should be able to get the paint applied tomorrow, after it warms up a bit.

It will be nice to finally have the FEMTT all one color but I must admit, I did kind of liked the "frontline" look of the different colored components.....

Soni

Attachments

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I need to do the same! I've got so many nooks and crannies in the crane I haven't gotten paint on it's pathetic. Don't worry, you'll find plenty more spots you missed! ;)

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Today I got the knuckle boom crane all ready to paint. By the time I got all the placards and piston rods taped off, it was to late in the day to actually start painting. I should be able to get the paint applied tomorrow, after it warms up a bit.

It will be nice to finally have the FEMTT all one color but I must admit, I did kind of liked the "frontline" look of the different colored components.....

Soni
Soni, What temp are you painting at?

M920

Then and Now.....

Well....I got sidetracked today, so no paint until NEXT YEAR!!!! lol

Anyway, while looking through my picture folders I found the ORIGINAL GL pics for the FEMTT, when it was for sale in Barstow, CA.

It is kind of funny to look at the pics of the M916 as picked up by me and then look at the FEMTT now.....Does it really look like that is the same truck.....? :shock:

Attachments

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Well....I got sidetracked today, so no paint until NEXT YEAR!!!! lol

Anyway, while looking through my picture folders I found the ORIGINAL GL pics for the FEMTT, when it was for sale in Barstow, CA.

It is kind of funny to look at the pics of the M916 as picked up by me and then look at the FEMTT now.....Does it really look like that is the same truck.....? :shock:
Do any of the trucks you have put a wrench to in the last 20 years look anything like they did before they got Sonified ? I personally am glad that they don't, can't wait to see the next project!

M920

Crane Is Finally Painted....

Well, I finally got the knuckle boom crane painted today, so now the FEMTT is all one color at last.
It took me pretty much all day, but as Patracy pointed out, there are so many hard to get to places. The crane had to be moved in to every possible position in order to get rid of all the 'green'....:roll:

Next will be the installation of the 45'000 pound hydraulic drag winch behind the crane and a couple of rear facing work lights....

Soni

Attachments

trukhead

Neato! An impressive effort and clever ingenuity! What will you do with your truck, anything you want!! Let's get some animal carcasses on the rotisserie and:beer:!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks