• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Allison M916 + Mk48 Cab = 6x6 "FEMTT"

drician

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your work is second to none, I can't wait to read about the modules you are going to build for the back of the FEMTT!

M920

Not sure if you posted this but you staying with tan? still in awe btw...
Thank you....yes I'm going tan on this truck. Part of the reason is, that I will use the FEMTT for work. I have figured out over many years of using some of my military vehicles for my business, that people still think if it's camo, you bought it for $50 down at the local army surplus sale. Unfortunately this negatively affects the percieved value of the job that I'm doing with my equipment.....
:roll:

Danger Ranger

As usual Soni, that is some outstanding work. I go away for a few months and come back to this.....simply epic. Chaulk up another sweet rig for you!

Like everyone else, I am drooling with envy.

Last edited:

M920

My First FEMTT Job....!

Well, after a long night finishing the driverside fender and hooking up the remaining air lines (23:15h and 24F in the thread cutting pic!), I did my first FEMTT job today!

I had to go way out in to the middle of nowhere to set some water tanks for the Monestary, down by Ghost Ranch, New Mexico.

To get there, I had to take the FEMTT down 13 miles of dirt road and then up a steep trail, since the tank site was on the side of the canyon wall.
The contractor brought them up on flatbed trailers and I had to unload them and set them on to the sand rings.

The job went smooth and I got very lucky on top of that: The truck ran out of fuel right when I pulled in to my driveway...Hmmmm, time to install the fuel level sender that is sitting in the shop....lol

Here are some pics....

Soni

Attachments

rickf

And it makes it first dollar before the final finish is even done! Way to go. Looks like you were about maxed out on the height with the tanks. You say you ran out of fuel coming in, did you fill up going out? What kind of mileage are you getting? I would imagine that with the jobs you get in the middle of nowhere fuel capacity could be an issue.

Last edited:

Danger Ranger

Awesome Soni, well done sir. The second, third, and last pics are gonna be stolen by me and used for desktop backgrounds, ok? lol. Sweet pics.

AZDeuce

That truck is AWESOME, looks great in her natural enviroment....the boonies.....and your first job with her to boot, I hope she becomes another trusted useful tool in your stable! JOB WELL DONE! AZ

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks