• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Allison M916 + Mk48 Cab = 6x6 "FEMTT"

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I had to take a brake from the FEMTT project for a couple of days, to put up the LME (Lightweight Maintenance Enclosure) that I won on GL, a few weeks ago.

I'm very exited, to be a little less dependent on the weather this winter!
[thumbzup]

Soni

Soni:
You really enjoy teasing the rest of us with all your neat toys and other goodies, don't you?
Now my Drool-O-Meter is pegged and wanting one of those "just add water" "erect in a jiffy" Maintenance Tents ! ! !
...Some kids have ALL the neat toys!!!

John

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for sharing all that ya do share with us here on S.S. Ya got some neat things going on and I for one greatly appreciate you takin the time out for photos and postin them up here on S.S. Hope that the "tent" does all ya want her to do for ya!

God bless,
Tony

M920

Passenger Side Engine Cover....

I finally had a little extra time and got to fabricate the passenger side engine cover. This was the final missing piece to the engine enclosure and I'm glad it's all done! Now I can move on to more exciting things....lol

Well just as I got done and put up the last tools, it started raining and then sleeting.....maybe the winter is here for good now.....:roll:

Attachments

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Thanks WM! .....hmmm....why do I feel like there is a hidden hint, burried deep within your statement......?
Not so much a hint as a commentary on having to work around the elements. If you've seen my thread about swapping out the rear axle on the M923 you know I'm working outside as well. It really sucks since it's raining today and I'd really like to get the truck up and running. I have a 24x60 metal building but it needs a concrete floor, insulation, power and doors to be a good shop. Just a lot to do around here before I can make that happen.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Soni,

Are those water tanks for livestock, or a new house? Those are poly tanks?

Thanks,
Ed

And, btw, That, is an awesome truck!!!

M920

Soni,

Are those water tanks for livestock, or a new house? Those are poly tanks?

Thanks,
Ed

Ed,

The water storage tanks are there to supply the "Monestary of Christ in the Desert" with drinking water and to irrigate their gardens, and yes, I believe they are made of poly- something....lol

Btw. Some of the monks seemed to look a little concerned, when I first pulled in to their Monestary in the FEMTT..... :whistle:

Thanks

Soni

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Btw. Some of the monks seemed to look a little concerned, when I first pulled in to their Monestary in the FEMTT..... :whistle:

Thanks

Soni[/QUOTE]

Soni, They built a church about a 1/2 mile from me and when I drive my trucks around the loop I get a lot of good looks from the people coming to the church. The Nuns do not think much about it anymore.
I am going to use my 5000 gal. fuel trailer to get water for the road and I will be getting the water from the Nuns 30k water storage tank.
That will be fun to see the looks on the peoples face when I pull up with that.

M920

I am going to use my 5000 gal. fuel trailer to get water for the road and I will be getting the water from the Nuns 30k water storage tank.

So when you say you are going to use the 5000 gal. trailer to 'get water for the road', what is the water going to be used for?

Soni

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So when you say you are going to use the 5000 gal. trailer to 'get water for the road', what is the water going to be used for?

Soni
Soni, I live out it the sticks and we have 8 miles of dirt/rock road till we hit pavement. I plan to use the water so I can work on the road with the grader. If you do anything to the road with out water it just turns to dust and makes some pot holes that I call dust bowls.

M920

Ah I got you, I did not realized that you do the grader work. Are you going to install spray heads or a spray bar on the back of the trailer and use the pump to pressurize the water, or is it going to be gravity feed?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks