• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anybody have any specs to make spin filter adapters?

joshs1ofakindxj

One series of Oliver tractors had stamped steel adapters. Sadly, the part numbers are no longer available. I made ACAD drawings of the parts before I installed them on my truck. In my opinion the ones for sale are WAY over priced, especially when I know how China machine shop prices are. I may soon work to source the adapters from there and sell them at a reasonable price.
Anyone can feel free to use this drawing for personal machining, but not for commercial purposes. If there are any questions about the drawing, please ask.
Regards Marti
I've verified that the filter base bolt in the drawing posted is **** near identical to the one sold with the current aluminum kits.

Those are uncommon thread sizes and I haven't found them on online like on McMaster's website but I will call them tomorrow.

Finding these available commercially will help others and make manufacturing your own parts faster.

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jersey Jeep 2003, you are most welcome. You are using this information as intended by me. The thickness of the parts and the length of the one end of the hollow bolt can be adjusted to make them out of aluminum. You use the normal flat gasket in the original filter base and the hollow bolt tightens the adapter down against it. As far as patents go, small changes like the number of holes in the plate can take it out of the patent, depending on the wording. I hold several patents and have a good understanding of how hollow they can be. We always say they are no good until proven in court. Also, the likelihood of someone coming after a person for making one for their own use is very low, and as long as you are not selling it. We have checked patent laws about this. There is just not enough reward in it for the cost. That is why my statement about commercial use.
If I may digress from topic a bit:
As for the comments about China, my company did go there. I am an American design engineer working here to design the parts they make, and help control the quality of a multimillion dollar company, so don't tell me about China. I do not like it either, but if we are to play in today's world, it is a fact of life. I have been over there over 8 times to help with plant set-up and operation. We get very high quality work out of our plant, but it took a lot of work to get there.
Interesting and comforting is that now the workers in China that were so low paid are now demanding higher pay, really creating somewhat of a capitalistic environment. Some companies are now finding it beneficial to move manufacturing back here. Everything levels out with time.
The good thing about this situation also that is happening to influence the people of China is that in setting up our plant, we had Chinese management people and set-up people over here to learn the operations. I brought these people down to my farm. They got to drive my military trucks and my farm tractors, and most of all, got to share shooting sports with rifles and pistols, both things impossible for them to do in private life China. They were like kids in a candy store! The point is these people learn things about America through this exchange of industry, taking it back with them to share with others there. I believe this has created an undermining of the Communist attempt to shut out the other life styles in the world and control their people which may in fact contribute to a collapse of their Communist system like Russia's did.
These are my final statements and final look at this thread. We have digressed enough.
Nuff said! Best wishes to all of you.
Regards Marti

HASSON1911

So, since the answer never got answered I was wondering if there is anyone willing to post a blue-print of the adapter. I have a semester left of machine class and would love to make one set for my truck. also $200 is a bit much for steel I think(I have read this thread and seen both sides of the argument) Yes, they should be paid for their research but like music artist that get paid off pretty quickly and after that everything is pure profit minus the cost of metal.

jesusgatos

Yeah, I get it. Everyone's got an opinion, and in the end, everyone is free to do what they please. Am just surprised that we're still talking about it. In general, I'm a big supporter of open-source projects, sharing resources, information, etc. Even host a CAD Library on Trails Less Traveled, where users can share CAD files (all 100% free), and think the terms of use pretty well summarize my position on this issue. Also make my living as a inventor/designer/builder, and all this talk about intellectual property and patents is laughable. There is simply nothing to protect. There is no intellectual property at stake here. Whatever your feelings are about people sharing information related to making these oil filter adapters, the fact of the matter is that there is just nothing to do about it. Move on.

jesusgatos

i'm missing the bracket files in your library
Wouldn't have any problem hosting CAD files or blueprints for the parts being discussed in this thread, but nobody has submitted anything to the CAD Library yet. But am probably just going to purchase a set for my new LDS, so won't go to the trouble to take all those dimensions myself.

crazywelder72

i love tinkering with solidworks (but i am still entry level with it), and i have a sweet little machine shop at my house. i still haven't drawn or made my own kit yet.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks