• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Arkansas MV Registration

cyruscat

I must have got lucky when I licensed mine in Camden. They had some experience with licensing several CUCVs from GL and gave me an Antique tag with no trouble.

Hey Rebel! I wish I had seen this post earlier and maybe could have helped by recommending you come over here for tags.

ARYankee thanks for pushing this issue with the state. I just hate it when a law is left up to someones personal interpretation because they will probally get it wrong!

ARYankee

ARYankee thanks for pushing this issue with the state. I just hate it when a law is left up to someones personal interpretation because they will probally get it wrong!
No problem this was one of the reasons why. I have run into too many folks that have had issues when registering. I'm just trying to make it easier on us and them. I am going to try to avoid a huge debacle like they are having in Wisconsin with their MV laws. I know we have it fairly good now and I just don't want to screw it up.

Welder Sam

well i now have 2 deuces and an 816 with antique tags. the girl was hesitant saying that they werent supposed to even tag bob trucks as antique but did it anyway. i dunno what or how my dear wife did it but she got it done. however, the girl didnt have a clue how to do a "title purpose only"..... go freakin figure right? something has gotta give. this is some kinda retarded!!! either do it across the board like you are supposed to or dont! yes, i got mine but, im still friggin angry that its such a stupid process that is handled by ignorant people!!

LETS MAKE A CHANGE HAPPEN!!!!

Doubled

WHen I started looking I stopped by the DMV in Jonesboro. They called LR and the answer I got was I had to declare its GVR and pay commercial accordingly. aua

Welder Sam

oh and the aua effect is what brought this thread about and its what has me riled up too! when u read the statues for yourself, theres no mention of a min or max gvw or gvwr. just that ya cant tow or haul more than 1k lbs. why does it have to be so............ ok.........:rant: im off the rant for a bit. geez we line these trucks up and some have antique plates and others have the standard ar plates.....

ARYankee

Exactly... I just saw a thread pop up about possible changes in Maryland so I'm definitely going to make this a top priority to get us set.

Doubled, check out the link I posted in my first post and follow where I said to go and that is the code for antique registration. I have no idea why it is so jacked up from office to office but I do know we will get it fixed so it is consistent.

Doubled

[Doubled, check out the link I posted in my first post and follow where I said to go and that is the code for antique registration. I have no idea why it is so jacked up from office to office but I do know we will get it fixed so it is consistent.[/QUOTE]

Will do! Thanks!!

3dAngus

All I can say is, she showed me in the book where it said anything over a 1 ton was ineligible for antique tags.:?
She must have been reading in the trailer section. What car in America weighs less than one ton?

I can't believe any state in the nation would not provide an antique tag for a 1963 split window corvette.

Cryogen

I just realized that the m939 series have full air brakes. Im real close to getting one but dont have a cdl. I see you aryankee have a 923. Could one 25 years old be reg'd as antique? Thanks

ARYankee

Yes it can. I just got antique tags on it last week. A little bit of a hassle but I always expect that when dealing with registering MVs. Hopefully in a year we won't have this problem. At the moment the newly drafted MV legislation is being looked at by the DFA and another agency to see if they approve. Once it has been approved by them, I should be getting a copy of the draft to see if there are any changes needed. When that happens I plan on dispersing it out to folks for their perusing. Shoot me a PM with your email address so I can add you to that list.

Welder Sam

A minimum of a class b license is currently required in the state of arkansas for any vehicle with a gvwr of 26,001lbs. Any vehicle over 10,000lbs is considered a cmv, no matter the owners use, nor tag classification. Yes, you can tag it antique, still have to have the cdl.

No, i dont have a cdl.

Last edited:

Welder Sam

Air brakes are not the reason for the cdl. Weight is. Air brakes is an endorsement. The weight of the 5 ton trucks means, by law, the operator is required to have a cdl

ARYankee

I stand corrected. He is right. I some how thought that for some reason. I just looked through the laws real quick and didn't see what I had stated.

Cryogen, just click on the link on my first post and read through the laws. It sucks and they are full of legal jargon but it will give you a better understanding of you can do plus you really can't 100% trust what folks tell you. It doesn't hurt to double check.

Welder Sam

For farm tags, as long as you dont venture more than a 150mi radius and arent using the truck in commerce, youre pretty well ok. However, (a) farmers are above the law in Ar, (b) i dont know the requirements for a farm tag. Hmm... i really should look into that!

M35a2 w/o winch is a bit over 13k plus the 10k on road load
M35A2 W/W is a bit over 13500 plus the on road load capacity.
m816 is 36k+ with, i think, 20k on road capacity.
I dont know the rest. Its not the unladen weight that you have to look at tho. Its the gross vehicle weight rating.

I got most of my licensing information from Mr Montey Pride, ASP Licensing. I can get you the emails for you to read if youd like

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks