• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ATF red dye?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilogger

Update, my friend got 2 fines one from the Feds, one from the state both around a $1000.00, plus an Audit, that was a real pain days of paperwork.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any idea what the fines were actually for?

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It basically boils down to tax evasion and the charges are usually akin to something along those lines.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm wondering to what extent did they test. I'd like to know the science of this situation.

Not that this would hold up in court but, think of the hundreds of gallons of fuel we do buy and use in off road equipment(mowers, tractors, generators etc...) that we do pay road tax on.

In this case if he had 50 gallons of ATF(non taxed"fuel"), does it seam fair to have been penalized at all, let alone for it's color alone? Surely they tested it.

insanejecke

I know a .5 micron filter will take the color out of off road diesel. But I know in SC they take sample and don't do it by color. IF it reacts then it non tax if it doesn't you can still get a fine for using non road tax fuel. like if u don't have a permanent and your running anything other then diesel you can get a fine for it anyways.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know a fellow that got fined here in TN. They pulled a sample of fuel that turned up red. At that point he was fined by the officer and the officer took a bigger sample of fuel as evidence and I assume for further testing to be used in court.

I was also told by a TN state trooper that if he pulls a sample and it has any red tint to it, you're getting a ticket. He said it would be up to you to prove in court that you just added some ATF if that's the case.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know a .5 micron filter will take the color out of off road diesel. But I know in SC they take sample and don't do it by color. IF it reacts then it non tax if it doesn't you can still get a fine for using non road tax fuel. like if u don't have a permanent and your running anything other then diesel you can get a fine for it anyways.
If you do use red dye fuels you need to get a few of those plastic totes and fill them up with red dyed fuel and the Suns rays will fade out the red dye color in a couple of months

For those of you just joining in on this conversation and anybody else, please refrain from posting ways to try to circumvent the laws. We will not tolerate the use of our forum to talk about ways to break laws. Thank you.

JCKnife

I've never bought off-road fuel but the deuce I parted out, that I got from Ft. Knox, had red diesel in it. That was over a year and a half ago and I still have a jug of it (I work on my deuce more than drive it).

Carlo

I thought this crap only happened here in Italy!! I run soyoil and its againist the law here. I have been stopped and they took a sample but I stated I bought fuel from the fuel station and go ask them. All fuel stations selling dsl in Italia have 15 % mixed in.
I have heard trans oil cleans the injectors but I would not use it often.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Run a little "ashless" 2 stroke oil to help substitute the low lube in ultra-low sulfur fuel, works well, dyes the fuel green/blue.
JC

PETE BALLARD

With the cost of atf, why would anyone use it instead of just buying fuel with the rOad tax "in"? The only time i can see anyone adding it is for the purpose of appling maintenance to the fuel system

Heath_h49008

ATF cleans the system and has more energy per cc than diesel.

For regular diesel, the addition of cheap Wallyworld 2-stroke oil seems to be the best method of boosting lubricity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks