• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Auto crane 5005h on 925

Another Ahab

That's a right solid pedestal, and that tube steel in the frame looks serious; is that 1/2" wall?

I wonder what that stuff weighs per foot; like 10-12 lbs?

Rmtaunton

There are two 5x5x3/8 main tubes and lots of 3/8 Chanel one is 30 " long in the crane side horizontal it will be welded to a 1/4 plate 30x12 with 8 3/4 grade 8 through the frame , the passenger side will have 4 bolts through the 3/8 x 3 angle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Rmtaunton

Well got Bubbles back from camp house all welding is done for the frame. Now just getting parts for the new hydraulics and need to build a pedestal for the boom , and order cylinder for the outrigger

Rmtaunton

I was thinking of splitting the auto and crane part black and green , it will say auto crane one way or another

Another Ahab

That rig will get some work done; sweet. :jumpin:[thumbzup]

For a minute there I thought you also had a scissors lift on the bed, but I see it's just a low riding trailer.

Nice set up!

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Really jealous now.

Just found out this morning that my crane won't unload the T-case in a can that GL put in the bed for me. The winch will pick it up fine but the brake won't hold it. Looks like I'll have to remove the 30~ bolts and unload the top and bottom separately. Sigh...I just put those bolts back in and sealed it back up.

I did pick up those 24v hydraulic power packs. I have yet to spec them out to see if they'll run a crane though. If they will, then the box will be mounted in the spare tire rack. Given all the wires and what I think are a couple of coils on the valves, I think they will run multiple functions. Not to fluent on fancy hydraulics so will leave that to the expert to figure it out. :mrgreen:

20170317_213814.jpg

20170317_213823.jpg

tobyS

Really jealous now.

Just found out this morning that my crane won't unload the T-case in a can that GL put in the bed for me. The winch will pick it up fine but the brake won't hold it. Looks like I'll have to remove the 30~ bolts and unload the top and bottom separately. Sigh...I just put those bolts back in and sealed it back up.

I did pick up those 24v hydraulic power packs. I have yet to spec them out to see if they'll run a crane though. If they will, then the box will be mounted in the spare tire rack. Given all the wires and what I think are a couple of coils on the valves, I think they will run multiple functions. Not to fluent on fancy hydraulics so will leave that to the expert to figure it out. :mrgreen:

View attachment 671515

View attachment 671516
I bought one of those (without the box). I think that is a double acting valve, forward and reverse.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Wired pendant or wireless? What did you find out on the solenoid voltage? Lookin good man!

I agree, we need video

Rmtaunton

Really jealous now.

View attachment 671515

View attachment 671516
It's not that bad at least you have all the wiring I had to figure mine out 12 volt solenoids 24v solenoids 24v pump all working together without backfeeding the 12v stuff , call me anytime if you got questions now to set the flow rates and pressures