• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Auto crane 5005h on 925

Rmtaunton

Now time to make the wiring permanent and mount pump on top of passenger tool box and find or make a cover for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I think now you are out of excuses as to why the fat chics cant go for a ride in the truck.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought one of those (without the box). I think that is a double acting valve, forward and reverse.
You found anything for flow and pressure on it. The only numbers I can find are for the motor. I don't see anything on the pump for a part number. Nothing conclusive I've found to match it to one on SPX's website. I was going to give them a call Tuesday.

It's not that bad at least you have all the wiring I had to figure mine out 12 volt solenoids 24v solenoids 24v pump all working together without backfeeding the 12v stuff , call me anytime if you got questions now to set the flow rates and pressures
You'll have to shoot me a PM with your number. I don't see where I have it.

I'm supposed to have remotes with them but they're missing. Might be complicated to figure out that part. They did come with 2 hydraulic cylinders each though. If they don't work out for a crane, they'll work out for something else.

This is what they went on if it helps figure out what functions it might have as far as valving goes.

7493396908_2e8d8a5e0e_b.jpg

100802-M-0000V-001.jpg

tobyS

I bought one to do the same thing with the cylinders, but as a snow plow. The remote would have left and right, center off. I only bought the pump. I see double acting cylinders but the rod size is near the bore so pulling is not much force, it relies on pushing. Hydraulic would have a T connecting one rod side to the other push side. That makes it a forward and reversing valve, probably a blocked neutral position.

The pump sucks for flow, but will make workable pressure. I had the specs but don't see them at the moment. Please post them when you have OEM numbers. Notice the size of the cylinders on the articulating unit...small.... and of course a hose with about 3/8" cross section gives away the small flow. If your cylinders are not about the size of those on the machine, it may seem painfully slow. Flow around 2 gpm, I think.

That is unless you could store some energy in an accumulator.

Without going to the trouble of mounting the unit, hook it up and try it. Determine which side is pressure when you energize one valve at the same time as the pump (solenoid). It can shoot 20', so be prepared.

There is no calculation required, Your system can take all the flow this pump can produce (x20)... just make sure the relief matches (or lower than) your crane valve.

I have PTO's for sale and have a kit for direct mounting a pump, SAE B and 11t spline if you change your mind.

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought one to do the same thing with the cylinders, but as a snow plow. The remote would have left and right, center off. I only bought the pump. I see double acting cylinders but the rod size is near the bore so pulling is not much force, it relies on pushing. Hydraulic would have a T connecting one rod side to the other push side. That makes it a forward and reversing valve, probably a blocked neutral position.

The pump sucks for flow, but will make workable pressure. I had the specs but don't see them at the moment. Please post them when you have OEM numbers. Notice the size of the cylinders on the articulating unit...small.... and of course a hose with about 3/8" cross section gives away the small flow. If your cylinders are not about the size of those on the machine, it may seem painfully slow. Flow around 2 gpm, I think.

That is unless you could store some energy in an accumulator.

Without going to the trouble of mounting the unit, hook it up and try it. Determine which side is pressure when you energize one valve at the same time as the pump (solenoid). It can shoot 20', so be prepared.

There is no calculation required, Your system can take all the flow this pump can produce (x20)... just make sure the relief matches (or lower than) your crane valve.

I have PTO's for sale and have a kit for direct mounting a pump, SAE B and 11t spline if you change your mind.
Excellent. Thanks!

Honestly, adding a PTO would kill the project for me. I've upgraded and bulletproofed my whole charging system to handle whatever I throw at it. I'm a little past doing something mechanical on the hydraulic side at this point given its limited use.

If this was a dedicated crane to be used regularly, I'd go the PTO route. This is the same reason why the speed of the crane won't matter much though. As long as it can do about 2 tons then I'll he happy, even if it's a bit slow. Given my 2 ton maximum requirement, I think my crane will be a little smaller than Robert's. I'm sure that will help with the limits of the power pack.

I've contacted spx in the past about a hydro pump. They were very helpful in their reply.
Good to know. I'll call them first and get the specs, then call the local truck fitting shop and see what the requirements are of a crane in the size I'm looking for. This should give me a general idea of how well this will work.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Depending on what your looking for in a crane, I might have one that would meet your requirements fairly well(SD).

Rmtaunton

Made a temporary outrigger as I won't have time to get the hydraulic ones finished by Denton rally

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How come your tapatalkakal whatever now shows real pics instead of uploads?

Idea? When you have time, just make a few real picture posts summarizing the build? Checking these tapatalk uploads gets a bit annoying.

For the rest, sweet setup, :goodjob: as usual.