• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Best Thing You've Found in Your CUCV

niferous

I guess I'll play....

I found about $3.50 worth of change including one of those $1 coins with the indian lady that never caught on. However I consider it the truck's lucky charm and it rides in her always. I found a bunch of hand receipts for explosives and was able to find out that the unit that had the truck was 221st Ordinance Detachment (EOD). I found a DOT placard for the same explosives so I guess they were using my M1009 as a ammo/munitions hauler. Here is what got me though. With all that explosives hauling I found a whole bunch of cigarette ashes underneath the dash too! Let's see what else.... A shackle but no pin, one of those long jack extension thingers, an antenna tie down clip, empty Skoal cans, and candy wrappers.

That's about it!

143SE8

Only things in mine: a fire extinguisher, full tool kit, decon apparatus, breakdown reflector kit and 3 cut padlocks for the steering wheel chain. All military lights and equipment in place and working plus sliding rear window, class 3 receiver and an electric trailer brake in/on my M1028. However, the helper springs and shelter tiedown brackets were missing. It apparently belonged to a maintenance unit and has 2 rods on the brush guard and a bracket to hold a slave cable. It came from the Utah National Guard.
Jim N0EYZ

143SE8

Almost forgot. My M1028 had a camo camper shell (truck was green) got rid of it on Craig's List. It also had 5 brand new tires and 2 Optima red top batteries. Jim N0EYZ

fitz

I found that my M1028 hates the highway.
My truck came through the GSA auction so I'm sure it was picked clean.
It's the best $1500 I've spent in a long time.

JCKnife

Hypothetically speaking: would you ever consider returning an item of excessive value found inside another GL purchase, so long as it was not illegal for civilians to own? Or is anything in there fair game, whether GL knew about it or not?

Brutusdog

I would say it depends on who it might have belonged to. If you found a soldiers wedding band, for example, I say return it. If it was some piece of govt. equipment, its yours to keep.

gwag

I have had several pickups and 2 M1009s. I have found 3 troop shelter covers (1 new in plasic bag) 2 decontamination sprayers, manuals, wrenches, and all the usual garbage. Always look behind & under the seat there is usually someting there.

4bogginchevys

I found a debit card reciept of the previous owners, of course I just needed the name for contact purposes so I could find out more history on the truck, still haven't made the call though......:)

M1009 Fiend

Well My m1009 out of Barstow, came with 1 plastic jerry can w/diesel, 2 12 ton bottle jacks, 1 5 ton bottle jack, 2 wheel chocks, spare tire, some rust, DUST DUST AND MORE DUST. After checking various filters discovered that she had a full service change in 07. And she started right after changing the battery's, she came with 3/4 tank of diesel and a none operational fuel gauge.....

niferous

I forgot to mention mine also came with Optima red tops. Also it came with some issue OD green canvas seat covers that had an NSN number on them but they were shredded so I tossed them.

Sgt. Sam

Found Stuff

Well I think I was lucky when I found a new front whinch for my 5 ton.Got it for 500.00. Found it at Smith&Edwerds in Utah.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
A friend of mine that i worked with in CA. had a 1008 lifted, big tires, lights , ect it was in 3 color camo, looked good, this was his daily driver, one night he stopped at a local watering hole, when he came out there was a HOT WENCH sitting in the truck, she said "I like your army truck, lets go for a ride" he never did get to work the next day, 8 months later they got married
now this is my kind of "WHAT was found in your truck"

Somemedic

A friend of mine that i worked with in CA. had a 1008 lifted, big tires, lights , ect it was in 3 color camo, looked good, this was his daily driver, one night he stopped at a local watering hole, when he came out there was a HOT WENCH sitting in the truck, she said "I like your army truck, lets go for a ride" he never did get to work the next day, 8 months later they got married
now this is my kind of "WHAT was found in your truck"
CUCVs and Deuces are still easier to work on than hot wenches....

I got the 1008 from the city. It may not have had 30 rd mags or roboimpacts but it does have a nifty alluminum tool box still with it. Plow mount too. Aint much but whaddya 'spect for $100 :wink:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks