• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bobbing my Deuce

appnut1

Started "bobbing" the duece last night, got the tandems out, the front spring pack hung on the frame and the single rear back up in place. Cut 30" off rear frame and will try to finish the brake lines today. It is not technically tough just heavy/hard work.

appnut1

RE: Bobbing my duece

At the Florida rally I got to look at a few and just could not resist. I know the purists will scoff at it but I think it is just soo cool I had to

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Your truck, you own it, do as you please. Makes for a practical truck as far as I see.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial

What are you doing for a bed? I'm plan on bobbing mine sometime soon. I would like to cut the stock duece bed down so I can still use the troop seats and have a decent size bed.

55Cameo

I love mine, I wouldn't use a regular Deuce but with it lifted and bobbed I take it all over the place. People give me the thumbs up everywhere I go and if I stop for any amount of time a crowd starts to gather. Also, a lot easier to get it around parking lots and through the woods.

Blythewoodjoe

If I ever do another BOB bed I will cut down a stock bed just like I did mine but I will get the sides from a drop side bed to put on the sides so I can reuse all the deuce stuff. I narrowed my bed to match the front fender width so I cut about 6" off each side as well as 3.5 feet from the front. I used a M105 tail gate and made new sides to match the height of the cab and 105 tailgate. I like it but I wish it was 6" longer and had deuce sides.

Jed

appnut1, did you put the axle back in the same position or did you slide it back a bit? Keep posting those pictures!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Another pic from yesterday

Hmm, single axle tractor? I've often thought about the perfect bobbed deuce. If I were to chop one I'd used the factory deuce bed and chop one section off leaving me with a 9' bed. It would still look proportioned, could eliminate one bow and just take 3' out of the factory cover. I think that is as close as you can get it to look military and right. Would take on the look of the 1.5 ton Chevys. One more thing, the loop bracket and reinforcing piece on the deuce bedside would need to be moved or removed.

Gotta love the look.... Cant wait till someone gets these other dueces up here ORFW is going to have some nice bobbed dueces rolling out of the shop here this summer. :D:D:D:D:D:D We just seem to be moving more and more into military truck mods :evil:

Capt.Marion

Probably :deadhorse: , but has anyone considered making a tandem SWB tractor? Just curious... I always thought the tandem rear axles as part of a deuce's "savoir faire"

Looks real nice, though. I bet it makes the ole girl a lot more fun, and easier to maneuver in these hostile environments we call roads.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks