• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bobbing my Deuce

russ81

RE: Latest update

LOOKS GREAT!

The weight of the bed flattened out that front rake you had going.

Are you planning on putting on bigger tires, or running what you have?
Have you done any engine mod's?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Latest update

That's the best proportioned M35A4X4 I've seen yet. Haha, I'll be drivin right through your 'hood tomorrow morning. Dropping tires off in Sanford and headed to the FL Rally site to get Dmans M1009.

ida34

One option is to get the vehicle titled as an assembled vehicle with a state issued vin number. In Michigan and a most other states if a vehicle is so heavily modified that it does not look like the original then it must be retitled as an assembled vehicle. Small mods are no problem but for the guys taking a car body and putting it on an suv frame they need to get a state issued vin. If you went this route your vehicle would be a 2008 assembled vehicle with the new vin. It might help with insurance but would kill you for getting a historical tag.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Vinny, resend me the info on the 5 tonner, I just had a friend asking the other day and I know he has $$$$.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
I just picked up all the hardware to bob my truck today, except I need 4 u bolts for the axles since the old ones were torched off. Hopefully I can get started this week...woo hoo!

KaiserM109

I am thinking about a bobbed deuce partly because I could park it at home. That ought to steam up the neighbor that called the city, the HOA and the police 2 hours after I drove my M109 in from Kansas.

I have been putting all dropside beds I can find on GL on my watch list. I would like to get a dropside bed and rig up a lift so that I could switch my '66 Kaiser back and forth between the 109 box and an M35 bed. I would take the 2nd deuce and bob it.

What about using an M105 trailer bed? Possibly fab up some end panels that go below the bed at the ends? I have a 2nd M105 complete with sides and a tarp that I don't really need, except it now holds an engine, 2 transmissions and a top off of a Jeep.

Do you use one of the spring packs from the truck? I was looking at the spring packs on the M105 trailer and thinking that they might work.

What about changing the axle ratios so that it will make a bit more speed on the highway?

' Love the pic's guys.

55Cameo

KaiserM109,
The only axle ratio is 6.72 to one unless you want to put a different axle in it. Most people put another set of front Deuce springs on the rear but some use the m105 springs although they mount outside of the rails. I also think that they aren't rated as high as the Deuce fronts and it takes a little more fabrication to get the ride height correct.