• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bobbing my Deuce

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Look perfect appnut1. Little known trivia about deuce front springs and M105 springs, except for the helper leaf, they are the same. The M105 mounts do mount the spring outboard and lower making the back squat.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
appnut1 said:
From you Kenny i'll take it as a compliment
You have done yours exactly as I'll do mine some time in the distant future. The only difference will be the tires, I want 1100 Xls in dual format like you have.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
It looks great! Very proportionate. Did you have to get the drive shaft lengthened with the 8 inch movement of the axle? I got started on mine today, probably only had 30 minutes of actual work time in between watching the kids. Got the rivets heads cut off on the drivers side. Still have to do the hard to reach ones underneath the frame. My air chisel is kinda small and they didnt want to budge so I will have to buy a bigger one and wait till my neighbors are at work to start hammering away.

m376x6

Capt.Marion said:
Now we need a dumper bobbed deuce!
Already on that chalkboard, I'm deciding on whether to use a manufactured scissor lift or design and build my own hydraulic package because of the custom building. I'm leaning toward a resized original bed as the dump bed. I have also designed (preliminary) a selectable rear steering linkage. I want fixed and both in/out of phase rear steering. My concern right now is will the rear axle which will be a relocated front axle, will it be strong enough to handle the load as well as a stock rear end. The gear box to do this is within easy reach of being built in my machine shop. It'll use a lever selectable input to this gear box that has both a regular fixed output to the front power steering box and fixed, forward, and reversible rotation output shaft to a rear gearbox. I did have a power steering pump out of a 5 ton I parted out laying about here somwhere. My other problem will be pump capacity for the less than 10% of the time I'm pushing two power steering gear boxes. I have a lead on a number of civilian large truck power steering gear boxes and the retrofit, much like the M37's, shouldn't be very difficult. I'm planning at this point to go with tubeless 14.00-20's singled front and rear. When I'm farther along in design and parts procurement I'll focus on disc brake setups for both front and rear. My timeframe is right now from 8 to 12 months for finish. But I am not a very patient person, I may make it happen sooner. Depends on how well I get rid of some civilian projects that fallen by the wayside. I have a M101A1 trailer up for sale if anyone is interested and will within a few days have another one. I should have the electrical problems on a mid 80's Dodge W350 crew cab fixed and will be putting that up for sale as well here shortly.

Regards,
M376X6/M354X4

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking good. I might be looking for someone to bob one for me if all works out. Do you do this in your line of work or know someone in FL. that you trust to do a good job?

Floridianson said:
Looking good. I might be looking for someone to bob one for me if all works out. Do you do this in your line of work or know someone in FL. that you trust to do a good job?
We do..not in florida but we do :D..

vinny-socom1 truck looks good [thumbzup]

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
Progress on mine is slower than expected. Those darn rivets are a PITA! Started drilling them out to hopefully relieve enough pressure to pop them out with the impact hammer. Polverone came out and gave me a hand with the bed on Saturday. Parking is getting real tight in the garage now with the duece bed in there.

Attachments

m376x6

Offroadfabworks said:
Capt.Marion said:
4 wheel steering dump-bed bobbed deuce... :popcorn:
that would be a nice looking truck :D
I've worked out a design that will let me select locked rear, in phase rear, and out of phase rear steering. The box will feedthrough to the front power steering without interruption for safety. The lower output to the rear power steering box will lock at zero degrees in front only selection and use a total of five gears to select between in and out of phase. I'm debating on whether to use a cable selection or go with pnuematic cylinders. Pnuematic means I can simply flip a center locking three position switch and select any of the three. I'm looking at running a shaft inside the frame rail to the rear steering box. The gearing is simple spur gears at 14 1/2 degree pressure angle, 10 pitch using 3/4 inch bore. The internal sliding gear mount will automatically lock the rear output when either phase is not selected. I plan on using prox's to indicate in the cab when both front and rear are at zero degrees and also to enable the solenoids to activate the pnuematics. Now if i can just sell some stuff and make room for the unsuspecting deuce.

Regards,
M376X6/M354X4

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks