• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

BODY-CARGO PIPELINE CONSTRUCTION

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks, Kenny, no pictures, just the diameter so that the pad can clear the bracket when pulled out. I went ahead and mounted the brackets (guess I had nothing better to do) and now me thinks that there isn't enough space. Looks darn good though!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bjorn, the diameter of the stiff leg pad is 8". Anything else, let me know. Despite my pokeyness, I eventually get to it.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Swivel it does, or its supposed to. The pads kinda hang at a 45 degree angle. the reason is the original light boxes keep there. Without the original light boxes the pad hangs flat and can be moved around. Mine were at the 45 and rusted there. I removed all the pins and cleaned and greased everthing now the pad hangs flat. You can see it in the pic below.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hanging flat like that, it should clear everything. Thanks, Kenny. That's a classy rear end, if I may say so. :)
As far as working in the sun, I had a beach/patio umbrella once to keep from getting burned up and tools wouldn't get terribly hot either. Just clamped the umbrella post to the truck.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great idea Bjorn! I have an easy up but they aren't that easy. The umbrella would be quick and effective. That would help keep me from becoming more of a redneck than I already am!

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Found these images in my files. Don't know who the owner is, but I think this vehicle was for sale last year on the mil-veh list.
Wonder where the rest of the M756 bed is?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For those of you who may be interested in the custom M48A2 tractor, it's for sale. Contact Eric at http://www.miltrucks.com/ I spoke with Eric shortly after learning that I was getting the M756A2. He said he might know where another headrack is but didn't know where any beds or accessories were. He still has a few other deuces and trailers for sale. He's located just outside Columbus OH. If you want that tractor bring plenty of cash, it's not cheap.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Through rdixiemiller I've got a deposit on a 530C class deuce. The bed is gone as is the transfer PTO. It's otherwise complete and rust free. it's non-turbo but not for very long. That gives me all the major components I need except the front winch and extensions. I even have the transmission PTO. It will be a few months before I can take the trek to bring the truck home. Lots of work to do but the parts are coming in.
Kenny

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks