• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bought A Tank

BlizzardX23

oh boy...lol..I still vividly recall a guy in our motorpool who had to collect exhaust samples...he was running all over the place with it...he kept taking it to the wrong people

Hey I accidentally bid on and won 2 of them tar tank thingys/ I dont have a job and cant afford both of them. Can sombudy loan me sum money and I will pay them back with $10 out of my Mcdonalds checks.

Oh and by the way, can I put a dump bed on it?

OldDominionIron2

we just got over 25' of snow here, and I was told there was HEAT in the tank, but I'm freezing my butt off. Could someone post a 8 x 10 glossy photo of the controls, with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back, describing what the pictures show? Also, I was told this tank had a magazine, is it written in English? How come when people ask me what I like and I say "tanks" they say "you're welcome" and walk away laughing? Some people are sick (like the people who read all 13 pages of this post). You know who you are.
:cookoo:

I've been told to order new seals for this tank. Do I have to go through my local zoo to do this, and what do I feed them?

Last edited:

kastein

Did GL damage the underside with a forklift?
roflroflroflroflrofl

Hey I accidentally bid on and won 2 of them tar tank thingys/ I dont have a job and cant afford both of them. Can sombudy loan me sum money and I will pay them back with $10 out of my Mcdonalds checks.

Oh and by the way, can I put a dump bed on it?
won't help you pay for it until you set up a yahoo store selling deuces you haven't even bought yet, or possibly try and get everyone to chip in on a gargantuan trailer and an M920 so we can all pick stuff up from GL at the same time

army_nurse

what not to do with your M1A1

Just be sure you dont high idle with a little KIA behind you!!! causes the paint to peel off of the KIA and the little Korean man driving it might have to go to the hospital too ( Happened in front of CRC in Korea in 1999) BUT IF YOU PUT ONE OF THOSE STAY BACK 200 FEET SIGNS ON THE BACK IT WOULD BE THERE FAULT NOT YOURS!!! Im just sayin'

eddiec

Remember, safety first. Rather you are car(tank)pooling the kids to
soccer practice or just taking the wife to the store, if the turn signals don't work, just roll down a section of the armor on the drivers side, ( little electric switch) and do the hand thingy so everyone behind you can see.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For some reason, I was just reminded of my father's "talent" for changing the words to songs and making us all laugh until our bellies hurt. One of his favorites to "mess up" was the Bob Hope USO TOUR CLASSIC.... "TANKS FOR THE MAMMARIES"....

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6oHxq77_MI[/media]

eddiec

How do you lock it in to make the front of the track pull with the back? Is the transfer case a sprag, or does it have the air switch in the dash? Also, do you plan to run dials or the super single tracks? Just curious.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Hey that's my other tank before I bought it. It is now bobbed and had 90" wheels on it with triple tracks. You ought to see that baby burn rubber on the interstate the other night. I was driving it with the IR goggles I bought off epay and blew right by the cops. They tried to chase me but they couldn't see me--I was camouflaged.

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
you should always carry three to four 5 gallon buckets of muzzle blast, while traveling in a artillery vehical, incase of an emergency
Who do I see down at the service bay...the POL Sgt or the PLL Sgt??? Does muzzle blast clean up with a little CLP, GAA, 30W or Turboshaft?? Do I need a P-38 or a Little Joe to open the bucket??

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I just won this small item also. Does anyone have a pickup truck that can pick it up for me in St Petersburg?

BTW that's St Petersburg, Russia.

TIA.

Attachments

WarrenD

If it will fit in the back of my Chevy S10 I'll get it for you the next time I'm in the area.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks