• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

California High Desert "Rally"

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: got some pics of camping areas

I wondered why it was taking so long to load things, You beat me to it! The 2nd pic is apx 7 miles out on Stoddard Wells road. Nice shelter from the wind and a nice putt to Slash-X cafe on hwy 246. Can't wait!

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter

I found out I can't get out of the conference I'll be at in Simi Valley on the 9th. It may end early but I'm not sure. I'll have to play it by ear regarding the convoy. So at the worst I'll have to meet you guys up there. :x

JDToumanian

I'm working feverishly to get my deuce back together, but there's still a chance it won't be done... So close, but I keep taking more stuff apart. aua I decided to replace the last two rubber coolant hoses - the ones that go to the heated intake manifold - so I have the two coolant manifold castings off the head right now. **(Will Wagner is having deja-vu)** Fortunately none of the bolts broke off. That gasket set I got off eBay sure is earning it's keep... 8)

Jon

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jon, even if you don't get it back together, you'll have to bring the Ford out, i'll bring the starting fluid!

hole

Brother Will, are you leaving friday morning or evening? Would love to convoy but I have to work all day :cry: Please let me know the schedule thanks Will

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Beautiful area! Read about the site and found this:

"All vehicles must have a muffler or spark arrester ..."

It may be something to consider.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
hole said:
Brother Will, are you leaving friday morning or evening? Would love to convoy but I have to work all day :cry: Please let me know the schedule thanks Will
It looks like will be working that day as well. We may be able to convoy Friday eve.

hole

It looks like will be working that day as well. We may be able to convoy Friday eve.
Mike, that sounds like a good idea! My concern is I'm never sure what time I'll get home so an early Sat. start may be the way I have to go.

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll wait for you guys. It's better if we stay together. Besides, i'm getting some convoy signs, so we need to use them so they don't go to waste.

I've been so busy with work and building my house that I have not been able to chime in. I would love to go camping that weekend. I don't have any dirt bikes anymore but I've got the artillery! I think that I will opt to leave the Deuce here to go since I don't want any breakdowns to spoil it for me or an instance like yellowbronc had with the Hwy Patrol regarding class B license. Breakdowns or towing it are not an option since my time off is very brief.
So count me in. I'll keep the campsite clean of vermin and show you guys some fun things that thump when you shoot 'em.

BTW are we allowed open campfires at night out there?

Big Mike,
You have a meeting in Simi Valley on Friday?
Let me know particulars. That is only 15 minutes for me. We could caravan out when you are done if not too late.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gary,

When I was there with Will, I saw camp fires. Regarding shootin', there is an area on the other side of the 15 fwy where that is allowed. We may need to bring stuff to blow up.

Regarding Simi,
I'll be at yrly meeting at one of our sister plants in Simi. I plan on driving the deuce out with Will and Will and it now looks like we are gonna head out Sat. am. The conference will finish on Friday around 2pm and I'm riding with 2 others from work. It looks like I'll got back down to Temecula, then head out on Sat. am for the desert.

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are also a few more guys from the SCMVCC that want to go. The event coordinator will announce the trip this morning.

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gary, gotta be careful, I think BLM passed a law that only scatter guns can be fired. No solid projectile arms. I'll do some checking.

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's a link to the BLM site concerning the Stoddard Valley area. Sorry Gary, no solid projectiles. Johnson Valley is there also. Not too late to change if we need to.
http://www.blm.gov/ca/st/en/fo/barstow/stoddard.html
We'll have a geat fire pit, adult bevs..after driving of course! A nice, relaxing time. I'm sure we can find some mines and such.
Anyone got Airsoft stuff?
It's gettin' closer! Can't wait.

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just a bump to the top, It's gettin' closer! So far, BigMike, myself, Hole, Frank Truner..forget his SS name..Maybe JDT, Mark from Riverside maybe, Tyler, Polverone and 2 or 3 others that arent SS guys from up in the high dez area. We should leave early Saturday unless Mike can't take his truck, then it wil be Fri. afternoon. There have been a few people who have contacted me about going and worried about not having a MV ALL vehicles, MV and and non are welcome! Give me a call if anyone is interested!...626-840-1751.

ems4ty

YO YO YO YO YO!!!! Hold the Phone! I just saw this post for this 1st time and was like, holy cow. There's no way I'm gonna miss this, (If I haven't already.) Is the date and location set in stone yet? (Please excuse me, I haven't read the whole post yet - will do tomorrow.) BigMike, You got my number, give me a call if I've already missed out.

And YES, I'll be in the Deuce with Tow-Bar, Jack, Spare Tire, Reflectors, Etc. Etc. Etc. Did I forget to mention that I just installed convoy lights!!! 2 Big dual bulb rotators! Splendid I Say!

Check ya L8R!

T

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm going to see if my son Adrian is interested in going, he doesn't have an MV out there, but may want to join for some inspiration. He is in Ventura....

PinzEOD

Convoys are great fun and add a lot to a gathering, particularly when they are by choice and not born of necessity. Perhaps as a closing day 'event' you could arrange a short convoy down Factory Outlet Road to the truck stop for everyone to 'top off'? Just a thought, makes for a good Kodak moment too.

I'm in the middle of rebuilding both carbs on my truck, but I hope to have it back together and make it down for at least an overnighter. I figure y'all need a gas burner in the mix to balance out alla your oil burners.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks