• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

California High Desert "Rally"

ems4ty

RE: Convoy signs, and free reflective material.

So, Are we still on for Leaving on the 9th and Returning on the 11th? Stoddard Valley is where it looks like we'll be heading if I read this post right? Any ideas on what time to be leaving on Friday, would love to join the convoy. Thanks guys!

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Tyler, A Friday departure might happen if bigmikes truck is broke. If he's still a go with his beast, it will be an early Sat. departure. Shoot me a PM with your# or call me.

ems4ty

Getting close to D-Day Ladies and Gentleman. Really excited to go play with the boys this weekend (Let's keep it clean fellas, keep your minds out of the gutter as I don't swing that way...) Anyways, I'm throwing on the canvas tonight, and loading up some of the essentials. I'll prbably forget something, as usual, but thats how it works. I'll be bringing an ice chest full of ice only. I have a 900# ice machine here at my office. I'll also bring a gas generator for power, misc tools, portable light if I can find one, and whatever else you guys need me to bring. Look forward to seeing you soon on the road. I'll be leaving my office in Santa Ana around 10:00 or 10:30 so that I can meet up at the gas station off of the 15 fwy near the "210?". It's the gas stations on the left hand side of the freeway just as your going through Rancho Cucamonga before going up the grade towards Victorville... Talk to you guys soon!

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Tyler, It's a few miles pasdt the 210/15 interchange, just before you get to the bridge over Lytle Creek. The stations are on the left...west side of the highway. Got my canvas on Sunday. Will got his on too and we serviced his. Wayne Rothrock was set to go with his mog. Saturday at the parade, the brakes squealed real bad, told him to c'mon over and we'd tackle it Sunday. Found a rh trailing brake shoe pivot pin at the top, pushed out cause the cotter pin was not put in all the way. Got that fixed and thought it was missing. Hit it with a heat gun and found #1 cold...no issues with the wires, plugs or cap. Found an exh. valve not seating...probably burnt .Needless to say, he's not going. 3 of us will meet you at the gas station, and 2 more will be up the hill. Call me if you get stuck or get behind. See ya Friday!

ems4ty

You got it! I'm also going to bring a small portable air compressor with hose and tire pressure chuck. Never know if we need to air down and then put some back in. Besides, it'll make it nice to fill the air mattress with. I'm also going to bring my socket set and some misc tools. (If you haven't noticed, I'm still not too comfortable with its reliability yet.) Will also bring extra fluids as well. I know that my max speed up the grade will probably be around 35-40 mph. You guys with the diesel can spank my gasser any day up an incline. All goes well, we won't need anything that I bring! I'll give you a call if I'll be there past 12:00PM. If I remember right, that's about the time we are meeting there at the gas station. BTW, you got the "Convoy" signs? See you soon!

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Remember, I'm leaving my house at noon. It's 30 miles to the 15 and I will be stopping to hook up wit Will and Frank. We'll be there closer to 1 PM. The multi won't be spankin' you too hard up the hill. I don't go any faster. Besides, you only go as fast as the slowest vehicle in the convoy.

ems4ty

Right on. So when we get there, I'll be the one that everyone would like to shoot for not being able to keep up, HAHAHA!!! Just kidding, as with any Deuce or MV, these aren't meant to be racing or for much highway driving to begin with.... Cool beans. I'll check the post again tomorrow and at least once more before I go racing out the door to play on Friday. BTW, Is KeyLargo or.... Ummm, darnit, forgot the other fellow's name who live down in my neck woods... Are they coming? By the sound of it, I'd guess not. I know nf6x won't make it this time either. Would be great to have 10 or 12 of these cruising down the road! Awesome!!!! Oh yeah, If I don't forget, I'll bring the Camera and my Portable Ham Radio too.

KI6LMI - Outtie!

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There will be pictures! Tomorrow is the day...WOO HOO! Looks like 4 trucks to motor up the hill and 2 or 3 more to meet us up top. Can't wait!!

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good luck guys and have a great trip. I'm stuck in Simi Valley but i'll be there in spirit. Take a bunch of pics and toast a couple for me.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Wish I could be there............. but it is a 4,440 mile round trip for me........................ 500 gallons of diesel :shock:

Make sure to get pics and video!

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have seen some stations ABOVE $4.00 a gallon here! :shock: Good thjing I got lotsa FedEx fuel :D

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
"FedEx fuel" is gas and ULSD, right? Don't forget to add some oil, veggie or other to help with the lubricity. The oxygen in VO will give you better combustion aslo.

ems4ty

Well, just got in this morning. Loading up the truck as we speak. I have a couple of minor things to repair before I can split. Hopefully, all goes well, I'll be leaving by no later than 11:00AM this morning from Santa Ana. Talk to you soon!!!!

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
FedEx gas is when the package van drivers put unleaded in the tank of their diesel powered trucks...happens to Penske, Scully, Ryder and all sorts of others. The trucks get towed to me and I reap the benefits! In a 20 gallon container, I put 15 Gallons of the FedEx stuff and 5 of good diesel. Works great! I only call it FedEx 'cause they are the biggest contributor to my stash. 5 min. Tyler,I'm outa here too. Stay tuned for pictures.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm on my way sound from Simi Valley and who do I pass on the freeway? No other than Tyler and his gasser on his way to the rally. Lookin' good with the snazzy new convoy lights. These guys are gonna have a great time.

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, we are back safe and sound...stil waiting for a call from Tyler, he made a side trip to Tony's house and Franks..KE6KZE..house for some gasser books. MAN, tyler is determined!! That gasser is amazing. You should ahve seen the hills he went up last night! Here's a few pics, I'll do more later

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Cool!!!!

Great looking herd of Deuces :beer:

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: camp dirtbag

Oh man!!!

I'm green with envy. :D

I missed you guys so bad I can't tell ya.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks