• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

California High Desert "Rally"

key-largo

Will,

I wish that mhb285 and I could have gone with you this time. It looks like you guys had an absolute blast!

ems4ty, Thanks for checking on mhb285 and myself before deploying. Hope you made it back safe.

-Walt (a.k.a. key-largo)

ems4ty

Well, made it home safe and sound. Had a lot of problems on Friday with the truck. Got no farther than the freeway onramp when the truck kept loosing power. After 2.5 hours of screwing around, and 3 agonizing/hobbling trips to the PepBoys, I was able to install a 12V Electric Fuel Pump and el-cheapo glass fuel filter and bypass everything else. Thanks Will for waiting up for me. I surely would have thrown in the towel on Friday and stayed home, but yours and Hole, Franks Patience gave me the extra support I needed to get in running and to catch up with you. Overall, seems like we had a few problems throughout the trip. Will Wagner had to cancel the expedition on Sunday due to a noisy (bearing) on his alternator. Tony had battery problems and electrical issues. I also ended up with a flat tire on Saturday afternoon and trying to scale the mountains. (Still can't believe the other people from the other camp were taking bets that I would roll the truck.) Anyways, come Sunday Morning and a closer inspection of my temporary fuel bypass job I did, I determined that my initial problem on Friday was a plugged fuel line from the tank to the mechanical fuel pump. Upon inspecting the temporary glass fuel filter I installed, it was completly fouled with particulates and junk. Guess I'm gonna have to drop the tank and get it cleaned.

Anyways, Forgot the camera on Friday, so no pic's from me to post. Big Bummer, I had some really awesome shots I could have taken. Also forgot to bring food. Thanks again to group for sharing the grub! Hopefully, we'll plan for another trip in the spring. Would be great to have a semi-annual roadtrip with the group! You guys are awesome. Thanks so much for everything as we all had a really great time and excellent company. And thanks to Steel Soldiers as the forum that enabled this to happen!

Look forward to seeing a few more pic's. Talk to you soon.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Excellent! Thanks for the pics and stories. Sounds like the west coast contingent can do rallys as well as the east coast.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ems4ty said:
Well, made it home safe and sound. Had a lot of problems on Friday with the truck. Got no farther than the freeway onramp when the truck kept loosing power. After 2.5 hours of screwing around, and 3 agonizing/hobbling trips to the PepBoys, I was able to install a 12V Electric Fuel Pump and el-cheapo glass fuel filter and bypass everything else. Thanks Will for waiting up for me. I surely would have thrown in the towel on Friday and stayed home, but yours and Hole, Franks Patience gave me the extra support I needed to get in running and to catch up with you. Overall, seems like we had a few problems throughout the trip. Will Wagner had to cancel the expedition on Sunday due to a noisy (bearing) on his alternator. Tony had battery problems and electrical issues. I also ended up with a flat tire on Saturday afternoon and trying to scale the mountains. (Still can't believe the other people from the other camp were taking bets that I would roll the truck.) Anyways, come Sunday Morning and a closer inspection of my temporary fuel bypass job I did, I determined that my initial problem on Friday was a plugged fuel line from the tank to the mechanical fuel pump. Upon inspecting the temporary glass fuel filter I installed, it was completly fouled with particulates and junk. Guess I'm gonna have to drop the tank and get it cleaned.

Anyways, Forgot the camera on Friday, so no pic's from me to post. Big Bummer, I had some really awesome shots I could have taken. Also forgot to bring food. Thanks again to group for sharing the grub! Hopefully, we'll plan for another trip in the spring. Would be great to have a semi-annual roadtrip with the group! You guys are awesome. Thanks so much for everything as we all had a really great time and excellent company. And thanks to Steel Soldiers as the forum that enabled this to happen!

Look forward to seeing a few more pic's. Talk to you soon.
LOL!!!

Forgetting your camera is one thing. Forgetting food is another...LOL :lol: :lol:

Floyd

OK! You guys had wayyy too much fun. I had every intention of going, the Jeep was packed and ready to go. Last minute doctor appointment switch for my wife and it's, oh well! Next time for sure. I'll even bring food. :p :p :lol:

Floyd

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks