• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Carnac is on the way east-4.16.2015

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Carnac just called me to tell me that he is departing El Paso and should be at College Station (shearlegal) sometime around lunch time Friday.

After departing college station, it's on to Houston and after that, timntruck's place. Hoping Houston before rush hour. When he gets closer to timntruck's he'll try and post himself.

So everybody wish him luck and if he has a problem, he or I will post here.

Another Ahab

Carnac just called me to tell me that he is departing El Paso and should be at College Station (shearlegal) sometime around lunch time Friday.

So everybody wish him luck and if he has a problem, he or I will post here.
As the Chaplain would put it:

- Vaya con Dios

And safe travels!

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
What is he driving? I asked in his thread but didn't see a reply.
I think he has some kind of 3/4 - 1 ton crewcab civvy truck and a trailer.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Blessings to him. Long deuce trips are concerning to me these days. Glad he isn't in one.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Safe travels my man.

Kenny, he is the great Carnac. He would know something was going to happen and pull off the road before it does!

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Trailer difficulty about 80 miles from the house. Getting the hub off and fixed in the morning and will attempt to depart once again. Schedule accordingly.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Just made it home. Lost the wheel (rim and tire) due to wheel studs.

Fun meter is pinging. I will get the hub fixed and get new rim and tire. Couldn't find the old one in the dark but luckily, it didn't hit anyone and was not in the road. Based on the damage, I suspect it is toast (rim and tire). The one nut was still on the stud so it pulled through. All the others were sheared off.

Reserve deputy sheriff hooked me up with a place to drop the trailer. He use to be a truck driver and hauled a bunch of deuces and CUCV's from Gillem and JAX our to CA for some guy in Semi Valley.

I highly suspect it will be tomorrow afternoon before I get everything back in order for departure.

Plane Fast

Safe travels!
I lost a wheel on a new trailer once with a boat I just sold going down I95 at about 60. Thanks God I was in a F450 or I would have been in the ditch! :0

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Carnac texted me yesterday @5:09 pm EST and said he was leaving again.

This morning at 4:33am EST he texted and said he was pulling off 288 miles from College Station, I assume he meant for a nap. Will update as I get more.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
And literally within 3 minutes of me posting the above update, he texts and says "Junction, Tx"

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks