• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Carnac is on the way east-4.16.2015

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Stayed on the road, grabbed a few hours in a rest area and made it to Twrights yesterday at noon. Then went to Clint and Dawn's in the middle of rush hour (no act in the Atlanta area was ever braver).

Now sitting at Newnan and departing in a few to go load the massive bunker complex that was built over 3+ years.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Stayed on the road, grabbed a few hours in a rest area and made it to Twrights yesterday at noon. Then went to Clint and Dawn's in the middle of rush hour (no act in the Atlanta area was ever braver).

Now sitting at Newnan and departing in a few to go load the massive bunker complex that was built over 3+ years.
Very busy man!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Carnac's new trailer is pretty darned nice. He got here yesterday about 6pm and we had a few hours to relax and just shoot the breeze after we loaded and unloaded everything. It was nice to hang out.

He left last night about 10 and today should be in South Atlanta. Not sure exactly when he's heading back West.

goldneagle

Forget about the trailer! It's the modular reusable crates that are cool. I was impressed with the convenience of them. Keeps all the stuff neat and streamlined. [thumbzup]

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
THANKS ALL. I guess I should be on the most interesting man in the world commercial with the way I have to be tracked.

Murphy was with me to the bitter end.

Last night about 190 miles from the house, I hit a big bump and the serpentine belt snapped. VPED to the rescue. He drove 100+ miles to bring a new one and we got it on and everything was fine.

In LA, I hit a bump (there were so many, a lot of them big ones) and the one cable to my battery lost a wire (the terminal bracket split). I went to start it after fueling and air bag only light (which threw me for a loop). That's when I was informed over the phone by Twright that the airbag has it's own separate battery and that it was indeed the ground wire. Additional looking found the one from the broken bracket floating off in No Ground Land.

Stuck twice, lost trailer tire, and some other issues and bam...Murphy has landed on me like a brick house.

BTW, got pulled over by DOT. He thought I was a hot shot because the load was so professionally tied down and dressed with tarps. We both had a laugh. Good thing he pulled me over. As he was leaving I asked to verify the exit number for a gas station I'd used before and he said it was closed down. So 5 more miles to turn around and 14 miles back to get fuel. High head winds killed my mileage coming home, must have been 15-20 sustained and 30+ gusts.

Hope the next one isn't like this one was.

Another Ahab

In LA, I hit a bump (there were so many, a lot of them big ones) and the one cable to my battery lost a wire (the terminal bracket split). I went to start it after fueling and air bag only light (which threw me for a loop). That's when I was informed over the phone by Twright that the airbag has it's own separate battery and that it was indeed the ground wire. Additional looking found the one from the broken bracket floating off in No Ground Land.
Some of those might have been Road 'Gator:

- I think LA is the only state in the country using them for speed bumps

gator4-car.jpg

Last edited:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
CARNAC, that must have been one heck of a bump to break a serpentine belt.

goldneagle

CARNAC, that must have been one heck of a bump to break a serpentine belt.
I don't think you can blame that on the bump. Belt must have been cracked already! Must have been due for a new belt. I always have a hard time telling when I need to change the belt. My mechanic seems to catch it for me.

I am glad you got the help and managed to get home safe.

BTW does TEXAS have HOG CROSSING warning signs? Seen one dead on the side of the road on I-10 entering Mississippi a few years back.

Last edited:

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Quote: "THANKS ALL. I guess I should be on the most interesting man in the world commercial with the way I have to be tracked."

Naw, as mentioned before, more like Santa with a load of goodies for the good little boys and girls.

Quote: "BTW does TEXAS have HOG CROSSING warning signs? Seen one dead on the side of the road on I-10 entering Mississippi a few years back."

No warning signs that I have seen. We are expected to always be on our "A" game and take them out without a head's up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks